Help with Fear of Success

DJ Red

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe I've figured out what's holding me back when asking for the sale (girls, business, interviews, etc.).

Fear of Success.

Are there any threads in here along those lines, other things I can read, or perhaps some advice to get past that?

Makro2323

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fear of SUCCESS? Surely success should be the reason you are approaching girls in the first place! Why are you afraid of success? Being successful is a very positive thing, so are you telling me that you'd rather fail?

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say you fear success with women because you don't, on some level, feel ready to have a relationship; and of course new territory in any scenario can be scary.

But you have to learn to leave your comfort zone sometimes man, it's the only way you'll grow as a person.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what Marco? I agree with him

Think about it this way: we fear what we do not know, something that is new to us, something we have not seen for ourselves yet.

Simply, we sometimes fear things OUT of out comfort zone.

For some people, [failure] is something they are used to, and has become their comfort zone. And yes, whether we want it or not, we are afraid to break that pattern and actually succeed.

Makro2323

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point, perhaps it's just difficult for me to see it in that way because ultimately outcomes like failure and rejection seem relatively worse to me than that of success. Perhaps we should just call it fear of change. If failure was my comfort zone, and success was something I felt apprehensive about, then I'd place the two side by side and hopefully realise that it's better to live my life attempting to try for success than to stay in a comfortable environment of failure.

DJ Red

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not just approaching girls. Mainly, it's involving the business I am starting.

Now that it's been mentioned, I do believe it's a confort zone issue. "Can I handle it?" sort of thing.