help (this is simple)

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll make this very short and sweet for you guys.

I broke up with my girlfriend of 10 months about...3 weeks ago. SHE broke up with ME. It was painful and devastating, and we fought a few times later, but generally it seems like she doesnt want to get back together.

Fine. Ive been trying to move on. And yet she keeps talking to me online.

What the hell does she want? Should I tell her NOT to? (Part of doesnt want to do this, of course). Ignore her maybe?

She problably wants to be friends, but Im not sure if I want that.

Thoughts?

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey heres an idea.....

WHY NOT JUST ASK HER ?????

for fu\cks sake , whats with these people....
theres no shame in being direct , i like being direct....
just grab your balls and ask her why she spends so much time online talking to you....
how the fu\ck can WE know why shes talking to you....

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what she wants. Im pretty sure she just wants to be friends - what Im asking is what I should do.

I could tell her not to talk to me for a while, but part of me has a hope that someday we might get back together (maybe when I come back from college in the summer - she still lives at home.)

Its just a difficult situation. I still have feelings for this girl.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But....she may not have feelings for you.

It isn't what you should do. Put a shift in your perspective for a second - what is it that you want? You stated you are hoping the two of you will get back together - so tell her so! So what if she broke up with you; she is still IMing you, so she is thinking about ya.

My advice is essentially the same as Morphiex - be direct, tell her what you are wanting (don't mince words - just spit it out!), and if there is ANY negativity in the reaction, then disappear out of her life. I mean vanish - like you died. Take her off of your IM, delete her phone number, erase her email address - make it very hard for YOU to contact her, because you'll want to. If there is any attraction in her mind, she will come back. Your sudden disappearance will just make her think about you more. If she comes back after you, don't be too eager.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perfect response by Coolguy. Higly recommend that route.