Height Increase

renegadejbj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there,
I was hoping someone out there could help me out. I am 5'9" and would like to grow a few extra inches.

The reason is that my coach of my soccer team wont pick me, despite being the clubs top goal scorer. He wants his team to be like the German World Cup team or something, with every member over 6' tall.

I would join another team but I am already registered with this team so if I did leave now I wouldn't be able to play in the league until next year.

I've looked on the internet but everything looks like a scam. Has anyone tried any of these products and if so, have they worked?

Thanks

P.S. I am 20 years old and I have been told that I can still grow a little bit more.

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have little good news for you.

This question has been asked a lot on this forum and I think if there was a way to grow taller, every guy with money in his pocket would grow to 6'3".

There is nothing wrong with your height, especially for playing sports. You realize that your coach made the decision to not pick you. It's nothing that you did and as bad as you want to play (and as talented as you are) your coach has made up his mind.

If you're 20, chances are you're done growing so do not daydream about growing a foot taller. I know people who do grow after 20 but they represent a very small minority. It's better to make the most of what you have and to appreciate the fact that coaches, women, and others can turn you down even if you had what you feel you are missing... what if the next coach turns down every clubmember over 6'2"? Then, you're in luck.

The good news is that you are not short. You are average height and will never have to put up with all of the social handicaps associated with being on the lower end of the height-spectrum.

This is certainly not a good situation for you and it sounds like your coach has his reasons (perhaps none of them are particularly good reasons). It's difficult to find words of encouragement, but I have a feeling there will be other coaches who appreciate what you have, even if it takes waiting a year to find them.

DWK

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're only 15 or so, give it time.
If you're 18+, sorry, you're doomed.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe Pele was only 5'8" tall: http://www.pitara.com/magazine/people/1.htm

At age 20, you are just about done growing bro. If you really want to see if you can grow further, get to an endocrinologist ASAP and have your bones tested to see if they have fused. If not, it *may* be possible for you to take a growth hormone that *may* increase your height.

I doubt anything over the counter is useful.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. At 20, you're done growing.

2. Your coach is an idiot. Why?

Height in soccer only helps if you're a goalie or central defender (for the aerial game) and in the set pieces off the corner kicks. Other than that.. what difference does it make ?

Speed, lateral quickness, and field vision/anticipation/positioning are the keys to soccer success. Especially if you're a striker.

Raul, the Spanish international who plays for Real Madrid, who in my opinion is the most complete forward in the world game today, not to mention among the top 3 in the world, is about 5'8- 5'9..

Fukk your idiot coach and find another team.

D

P.S. The Germans maybe tall but they're notoriously slow. That's why the Brazilians raped them in the WC final, and Spain housed them in their recent friendly.

Azn4life

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got the same question too i am only 5'3 and 14 but i haven't grow for 1 year am i done for?

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Azn4life
i got the same question too i am only 5'3 and 14 but i haven't grow for 1 year am i done for?
Give it time boy.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm only 168cm (5'6-5'7?), at 18 years old.

Not sure if there are any REAL ways to grow, but if there are, I'd be willing to listen.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies

Not sure if there are any REAL ways to grow, but if there are, I'd be willing to listen.
Actually, there is no REAL ways to grow. It's 95% genetic. Sorry bro but if there was a way, I'd be 5"10' instead of 5"5' by now.

xeon

Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies

same, im 167cm and im 18. have you grown since your last entry?

Glycerine2

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend's 5'6" and is pulling in HB 9s. I don't know how he does it, but he does.

Don't worry about it.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alessandro del piero and fabio cannavaro claim themselves to be 5'9 and half, but i saw them a couple of years ago and they were significantly shorter than me, no more than 5'7

francesco totti is 5'9

fabrizio miccoli is 5'6

i think maradona was around 5'6 too

your coach is a perfect idiot and doesn't know anything about soccer: you can't make a team with just people over 6'0

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your coach just sayed that to not hurt your feelings for not picking you for some other reason

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth Player 056
your coach just sayed that to not hurt your feelings for not picking you for some other reason
Haha you make the coach sound like a chick.

fonderboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check this out...

http://www.thejump101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17

you will have to register, though. Doesn't take long.

It says you can straighten your spine to make you stand 1-1.5 inches taller, and then you can add space between each verterbrate by elongating the cartilage in the spine to add another 1-1.5 inches. Then it says you can add another 2 inches to your legs by kicking/cycling.

You still have to keep a positive mindset, good nutrition, and healthy sleeping habits, though. I haven't started it yet but some people reported height increases.

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The most skilled soccer player who ever lived was extremely short.

Diego Maradona
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Maradona

His height varies on different web pages(5'4"-5'8"), but most professional athletes claim to be taller than they really are, so I am guessing that it is a the lower end of that spectrum.

That coach is an idiot if he overlooks a player because of their stature.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 007~JC
LOL are you serious!

There's no such thing as height increase man. You're living in a fantasy world.

However, I know in Africa some tribes use these things to stretch out their necks realllly long. You might wanna check into that... haha

take those neck rings off and they die. The vertabrae/neck spine is too weak to support the neck hence cant breathe.

hell spike your hair super long...it might add few inches.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by renegadejbj
Hey there,
I was hoping someone out there could help me out. I am 5'9" and would like to grow a few extra inches.

The reason is that my coach of my soccer team wont pick me, despite being the clubs top goal scorer. He wants his team to be like the German World Cup team or something, with every member over 6' tall.

I would join another team but I am already registered with this team so if I did leave now I wouldn't be able to play in the league until next year.

I've looked on the internet but everything looks like a scam. Has anyone tried any of these products and if so, have they worked?

Thanks

P.S. I am 20 years old and I have been told that I can still grow a little bit more.
wear stilts, its cheating but youll get an extra foot or 20 if you like !:up:

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonderboy
it says you can add another 2 inches to your legs by kicking/cycling.

You still have to keep a positive mindset

I'm sure you do. And when it doesn't work, it's because your mindset wasn't strong enough, right? :rolleyes: