Hear me out...

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of you can operate smoothly when you smoke weed? I seem to get increasingly paranoid and quiet. My mack is definitely not on...and that sux, as I would like to just relax.

Anyone else feel that, or does it help you out in your quest. Maybe it's just the quality, I don't know.

BTW, American kids don't get offended. We're on a world wide forum and ain't nothing wrong with dope.

tamale

Banned
Reaction score
Matius,

Thanks for those random thoughts. Did you really have to post this?

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, I'm smooth as long as I don't smoke very much (i.e. more than about 1 bowl). Beyond that, it gets really hard to talk or be social. It's generally not a very social drug for me at all - I usually just like to chill in one place with a good friend or two, instead of going out and talking to other people. It's tough to be smooth when you're blazed... :)

Anyway, I feel basically the same way you do.

And ignore tamale, she's just a troll.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, that's cool...I've got some friends who can pimp after smoking a few rounds...ding ding. I just want to shut up and sit back and get lost in the music. Maybe there are some chicks that will want to do the same, ah...

By the way, I don't think tamale is tamales...I don't know tamale. tamales es cool though. She wouldn't be hatin' I don't think!?

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a different person... At least I hope it is.

But yeah, weed is a contemplative experience for me. It's tough to shut up your mind and go pick up some girl when you just want to think about stuff. :) I have friends like that too, it's just different for everyone.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
yeah matius, im the same cant smoke it all now, if i want to have a semi coherant talk with someone this sh!t is out of bounds not that i can touch it now anyway , but unless a chick wants to be approached by a bright white turning green psycho babbling weirdo whos 2 steps shy of throwing up on her and has the paranoid jitters, then i guess im in.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heard somewhere that weed increases the progesterone or decreases the testosterone (was it that doc on Loveline--??? dunno--I run across it every 6 months and my memory fades on this...) --- it may render you incoherent and/or paranoid, but I think the good doctor was saying it increases your feminine side, too. I suppose that means you empathize and connect better with people (if you can talk with them w/o getting paranoid, that is...) but you're more likely to become another GF to them...no?

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TesuqueRed
Heard somewhere that weed increases the progesterone or decreases the testosterone (was it that doc on Loveline--??? dunno--I run across it every 6 months and my memory fades on this...) --- it may render you incoherent and/or paranoid, but I think the good doctor was saying it increases your feminine side, too. I suppose that means you empathize and connect better with people (if you can talk with them w/o getting paranoid, that is...) but you're more likely to become another GF to them...no?
HA! That explains why there were so many AFC's at that party I went to. Seriously, a couple of weeks ago I went to this party where everyone was stoned and/or drunk. I wasn't filled in on exactly WHAT kind of party it was, but when I got there, dudes where hanging all over girls. They were saying this mushy philosophical sh1t, and this one guy was actually quoting from the book "Inherit the Wind" like he actually knew WTF he was talking about.

But I heard a lot of you're-so-beautifuls and stuff that made me want to throw up. Interesting find.

jlujan

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the weed, some sativas are uplifting and energetic, and some indicas are relaxing and soothing, change your source and see what happens.

Don Rageta

Don Juan
Reaction score
when you can meet a good old fashioned stoner chic it doesn't matter

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Rageta
when you can meet a good old fashioned stoner chic it doesn't matter
True, but why dig in the bottom of the barrel?
-Duke

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
True, but why dig in the bottom of the barrel?
-Duke
She's the bottom of the barrel because she partakes in the smoking of marijuana? If you believe that, you are an imbecile.

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel really strongly about drugs. Personally i will never touch the stuff. But if you like it go for it, maybe it will help your game, maybe it won't, whatever the case make sure you are having fun :)

Too healthy,
felony.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blong1068
She's the bottom of the barrel because she partakes in the smoking of marijuana? If you believe that, you are an imbecile.
I'm very opinionated when it comes to substance abuse. What is the reason to smoke weed? Honestly. It isn't productive in any way whatsoever. It can provide temporary pleasure but at the expense of being a moron and possibly hurting your body.

These are just my personal feelings dude. This is arbitrary; it doesn't make me an imbecile.

I'm speaking from experience. I went to a party where everyone was stoned and/or drunk, and I was more disgusted than any other time I can recall in my life. It could have been the beer more than the marijuana-- I don't know. But due to the idiots at that party, the power of association comes into play. I associate blundering idiots with alcohol and drugs.

Yes, I'm "straight-edge." I know for some, that's apalling. But I don't care.

I'm not saying people who smoke weed are idiots all the time-- they're just idiots while they smoke weed. But the idea of idiocy altogether doesn't appeal to me (go figure).

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
I'm very opinionated when it comes to substance abuse. What is the reason to smoke weed? Honestly. It isn't productive in any way whatsoever. It can provide temporary pleasure but at the expense of being a moron and possibly hurting your body.

These are just my personal feelings dude. This is arbitrary; it doesn't make me an imbecile.

I'm speaking from experience. I went to a party where everyone was stoned and/or drunk, and I was more disgusted than any other time I can recall in my life. It could have been the beer more than the marijuana-- I don't know. But due to the idiots at that party, the power of association comes into play. I associate blundering idiots with alcohol and drugs.

Yes, I'm "straight-edge." I know for some, that's apalling. But I don't care.

I'm not saying people who smoke weed are idiots all the time-- they're just idiots while they smoke weed. But the idea of idiocy altogether doesn't appeal to me (go figure).
What is the reason to smoke weed? What is the reason to watch a movie? What is the reason to listen to your favorite album? It makes you feel good, it's entertainment. Just because something may not be "productive" doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. It's ok to have a good time.

Where do you get the idea that while someone is high they are an idiot? That is a complete falsitude. It doesn't lower your IQ for a short amount of time. I'd be willing to bet that anyone you know who acts like an idiot while high, IS an idiot while sober. Marijuana doesn't make you act in a way you wouldn't normally, so these people you see making asses of themselves stoned, would be doing the same thing sober.

Being "straight edge" is just fine, it's your choice. But don't make judgements on people because of something you have no personal experience with. By personal experience I don't mean you saw someone smoking a joint. It means you have TRIED it yourself. You can't judge the merits (or lack thereof) of something you are ignorant of.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. It's funny how the simple mention of weed will always lead to an argument. Hopefully we can keep the flames out of this discussion.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I don't know guys...I'm into writing music, and I'm very productive at times with it- if I choose to smoke. Very productive.

But if I'm at a party, I become like ( . )( . ) ^

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever makes you happy, so long as you don't kill no one.

Use to play in a band, been there, done that. Stopped a long time ago, having a good time without it. May smoke one once a year, like on New Years or something.

Honestly though, you would be surprised at who smokes the sh*t.

Back in the days, I knew peeps that were so smart, they must of had two brains in their heads. I'm talking about college pukes who are studying to be doctors, and lawyers, and shrinks that smoke it. One night at a party, this buddy of mine was partying like an animal... I mean, drinking, smoking... till like 3 or 4 in the morning... I said to him, 'Dude, ya got finals tomorrow... it's 3 am.' he stops, turns to me with blood shot eyes, pauses in thought... then proclaims, 'I'll ace it.' he then smiled, and went back to partying.... sure enough, he aced it. *shrugs* asked him how he could do it under the condition he was in, he said that when he's high, he can focus more into what he is doing.

Another time I ended up at this really upper class type of party. A whole bunch of rich kids, all with their BMW's, and Mercedes, and here I was in shorts and a T-shirt, feeling totoally out of place. I mean, peeps weren't dressed in suits or anything like that, they were just 'dressed' a lot better. There I was meeting some of the cities most upper class... I was drinking beers with them and what not, when 1 am hit, I looked around and peeps were smoking bowls, and joints, and I was like, 'wtf?!?!' So it don't matter to me really if you do or not. It don't make me better than you, and it don't make he less than you. Personally, I'd rather have a beer. :) ...beer is good. :) ...but it's also the leading killer on the roads, so where do you draw the line?

Don Rageta

Don Juan
Reaction score
no one has touched on what i beleive to be the major dj reason to toke. who has had sex after blazin. not only do you last waaaaaaay longer. but the sensations are unbeleivable.
MIRTH.
Alcohol kills brain cells, weed has been proven to do no damage permanent or otherwise. it is imposible to overdose on marijuana unlike the countless who die of alcohol poisoning a year.
Reefer Madness My A55.
providing pain releif to many an added hunger to all including fellow potheads and cancer patients.

The only reason it remains illegal is due to the revenue the country gains from this so called "Drug War" and the political platform it creates. Although they have managed to raise the prices of my beloved herb, the vast amount of inlets for kif both foreign and domestic make the 'war' unwinable. Don't get me started on the contras of the 80's.
Ganja is not only harmless when smoked but it often renders users unable to do things that we are accused of. no one robs liquor stores on Mary Jane, they do it on Jose Cuervo, people aren't killed every 15 minutes in a pot related car collision, people Are killed every 15 Minutes in an alcohol related car collision. Bhang does not kill more people than heart disease and suicides combined, Ciggaretes do.
Charas as buddhist monks called it, is a potent means of disengaging the mind from its mundane associations.
Such notable people as Bill Clinton, (Satchmo) Louie Armstrong, Bob Marley, THE BEATLES, and Woody harrelson Smoke it or are proponents of the hashish.

Common effects both good and bad include (all good to me): Red Eyes, Increase Appetite, Altered Sense of reality, Dry Mouth(easily cured with wa wa or juice), heightenin of senses ('do you hear that'), Laughter or general mirth, drowsiness (just turn on the lights), Hallucinations (if you haven't had any you should try getting a good weed cookbook), Muscle relaxation, Vertigo, Relaxed inhibitions, occasional paranoia. there are more but i can't think of them right now (frankly im blazed).

Don Rageta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah and about the second hand smoke: there is little danger with weed smoke. it has none of the Carcinogens of ciggarete smoke other than minimal tar, but that is even cut down with water pipes. people do get a contact high though. The
most potent of all the chemicals contained in kif is tetrahydrocannabinol, or delta 9 THC (same thing). THC comes in many forms called isomers. the THC isomers are subgroups of cannabinoids (monoterpene compounds) of which at least 50 have been isolated. the interaction of thes cannabinoids causes a high that varies from strain to strain and gives each plant it's distinct scent. For example, some highs tend to be more euphoric, while others cause drowsiness and relaxation. when it is eaten, depending on the ingestion method, (Bud Butter -v- bud flour), the psychoactive effects are dramaatically different due to the various pathways through which the chemicals are absorbed into the body. when smoked or inhaled(using an ionizer) the THC transfuses with capillaries on the surface of the lungs. increasing the amount of THC in the smoke that will, in turn be, assimilated into the bloodstream.
I only smoke out because i am well informed. College student you know. it is not a gateway drug that is an excuse used by proponents of the anti-weeders and people that were looking for an excuse to try so called 'hard' drugs.
the potency varies and once you try good stuff, and i mean real good shlt not the kind you get in the normal suburban areas you will know that the high never dissipates, hence it does not lead to harder drugs.

Does weed lead to other things?
To quote dave chapelle "yeah, mostly junk food"

oh and another thing, do not argue with me on this. trust me you won't win. aside from childish namecalling, 'i am the ganjaexpert'

Pffffffftttttt... Straight edgers (He says with a look of disgust).

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by matius
Well, I don't know guys...I'm into writing music, and I'm very productive at times with it- if I choose to smoke. Very productive.

But if I'm at a party, I become like ( . )( . ) ^
Yes, that's what I find too. Definitely helps with the musical creativity but also can hinder your social skills if you're the only one stoned. Sometimes it might help but I make a point never to mack when I'm stoned.

And hey, I'm American as they come and I love the green stuff!!