Health & Fitness Quick Tips (Make a contribution)

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I'm gonna start off a fun contribution thread here, I want everyone who reads this to throw one tidbit of info into the pot. Here's the guidelines:

- Post a workout/fitness/nutrition/general health tip(anything you can think of, regardless of its obscurity). It can be a reminder, a fact, something little known to the public, whatever you think we should know.
Example:

Go to sleep at the same time every night for more energy during the day.

- Keep it to ONE LINE/SENTENCE only please, these are quick tips, not diatribes.

- If you want to post multiple tips, keep it to 1 tip per day. If I see the same user with 2 replies in the same day, I'm gonna delete all of their replies minus the first one of the day.:trouble:

- No discussions please, this thread is going to be a quick and easy read.

- If you don't like someones tip, send me a PM with the reply number and I'll take a look at it.

That's about it. Tell us all something you think we should know!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For all the guys (or gals) who deadlift/bench consistently, which should be everyone :D

Use chalk. Something I see a lot of people overlook. Talc works just as well but don't get it underneath you're footing. You can use gloves, but that is for wussies :box: This really firms up your grip and is especially useful for the heavier sets.

Quagmire

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since we can post reminders..

The single most important supplement you can take is fish oil. It can be a generic fish oil, or cod liver oil, or salmon oil, or krill oil - JUST TAKE SOME.

Benefits can be seen at lower doses but if you are serious about your health and performance go with 10g a day (total fish oil, not total omega3s).

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Organic raw eggs are easy to prepare and consume quickly in large quantities, taste fantastic in shakes, are a healthy, safe, cheap, all-natural, low-carb, quality fat source; are easy to digest, a great source of protein, and are therefore a near-perfect food.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Close-Grip Bench is a fantastic tricep builder, period. Tri's IMO tend to be undertrained.

MM

Last edited by a moderator:

jt the azn

Don Juan
Reaction score
train to have a wide back. it makes you look wider, bigger and badder

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't blindly follow advice, think for yourself, your body's capabilities and requirements are different from others.

You MUST experiment to see what works best for YOU..even if it means going against the grain every now and then.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruit pre-workout.

Replace grains with sweet potatoes and yams. Except for maybe oatmeal.

miba

Banned
Reaction score
Don't eat bread. Eat just protein (meats, eggs, etc)

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't fear fat, saturated fat or cholesterol. all are a necessary part of your diet and have been unfairly demonized in the popular imagination.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stress is a killer. Meditate.

Last edited:

LivA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget your morning and bedtime protein. :D

fireguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont gain weight too fast. Theres no reason to ever go beyond 10-12% fat.