Having problem with gelling my hair

blackatheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
This problem keeps happening and I'm trying to figure out why. Whenever I get a haircut I ask the guy to spike my hair short on the top, and I see his form and I have the exact gel as he uses. So it looks great after he does it, and for the next week, everytime I take a shower and try to do it, it works fine. But about 2 weeks after the cut I will use the same form, same if not more gel, same everything and all of a sudden the gel has almost no effect. It feels like I'm just putting goo on my hair and nothing is happening to it, and it always happens after a couple of weeks of getting the cut. Does anyone else ever have this problem, where over time it becomes more difficult to gel your hair? And if so, what do you recommend, because I hate having crappy hair for a few weeks before I get my cut. Thanks much.

BBX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea this happens to me. The longer it gets the less the effect the gel has because the hair has more weight. I mean do you have streight hair, or curly? They have stronger gels but I guess your hair grows really fast and you gotta get it cut often.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had very tall hair that I could keep up, so do what I did:

1. First, stop using gel. Get a matte paste or clay.
2. Blow-dry your hair up instead of towel drying it.
3. Twist the product into your hair, and work the product into the hair while pulling it up.
4. Hose your hair with hair spray. This will keep it high and shiny.

The other benefit to this is you can go longer between haircuts, because your hair will stay spiked indefinitely.