Haven't been on here in ages...please read

mr_guido

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello strangers...

While I haven't been on here in a long time, I thought I would let you guys in on an epiphany I had some time ago - some info that really hit home with me:

Although this forum serves as a valuable source of information, I find it almost more useful to forgo what information others' past experiences have brought them, and instead of taking their word for it, carve your own path and learn from yourself instead of relying on others.

This has really worked for me; I am not saying this forum is useless at all, don't get me wrong! However, I am stating that we can rely on it too heavily and not grow as men as properly as we should. The time away from this forum, nonetheless, has seen me succeed in my plans with women and, now ready to graduate, I have the most beautiful (no word of a lie) girl in the school as a prom date. This brings me to where I would like your opinions solely for my own consideration:

I know for a fact she liked me a great deal at some point last year, having her friends come up and tell me that, however I was already in a relationship. Since then I haven't had a girlfriend and she, as long as I have known her, has not had a boyfriend. Lately - ever since I asked her to prom - she has been quite flirty with me and I believe there is a chance. Now, I'm not asking you directly "What should I do" but rather, if you were me, what would you see as a successful move towards going out with her. I don't want to just pop it on her, like, hey let's go out, for obvious reasons lol.

So fire away, guys.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A date before prom would set the mood for prom. If you've already kissed, it's much easier to kiss again, and do more. Also you would have created a sexual vibe before prom, so at prom it would be made a lot more public. Once her friends know and approve, it's easy to start a relationship.

I also agree with what's in italics.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys make it seem so formal. personally i hate the word "date". That's something that like 30 year old people do when they go out to a fancy dinner.

So ya you can 'hang out' with her before prom, as long as it is seen as a sexual interaction. Obviously if you mack it before prom you're golden.

But depending on how far away your prom is from now, i'd personally wait. Prom is made to be a sexual environment, and hook ups are almost inevitable (especially in your case because #1. you know she used to like you and #2. she has been very flirty with you recently) so i'd wait until then. I feel like this will make you more attractive. Make her wait for prom for the opportunity to get with you. Acknowledge her flirtyness, and flirt back, but always flirt/be LESS invested than she is.

Right?

Time is your best friend in this situation.

Acknowledge the flirtyness, let it build, slowly let it build until prom. At the same time though, stay less invested than she is. I feel like this will amplify how attracted she is to you and will also build excitement around prom. This just makes it more fun! Then, at prom, you finally 'give in'. Let it explode and you guys hook up and do whatever you want to do. You both will want it bad since it has been building for so long. In fact, she'll want it more than if you guys had hung out and hooked up before prom.

This may sound over-analytic etc. but it's actually not in practice.

To recap:
Flirt with her before prom, increasing the levels as prom gets closer. ALWAYS flirt less than she does though. At prom, fvck. After prom, date.

End

Rave18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_guido said:
Hello strangers...

While I haven't been on here in a long time, I thought I would let you guys in on an epiphany I had some time ago - some info that really hit home with me:

Although this forum serves as a valuable source of information, I find it almost more useful to forgo what information others' past experiences have brought them, and instead of taking their word for it, carve your own path and learn from yourself instead of relying on others.

This has really worked for me; I am not saying this forum is useless at all, don't get me wrong! However, I am stating that we can rely on it too heavily and not grow as men as properly as we should.
Something that helped me understand the point you made

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/world/27powerpoint.html?_r=0