Has this site made you more pessimistic/cynical

Taistelukalkkuna

Don Juan
Reaction score
It tries hard. But harder it tries, more I fight back. So much whining, where are all the so-called-alphas?

Jack89

Don Juan
Reaction score
Site is meant for tips, discussions and cautions about women and in some cases life in general.

Majority of people fail with women they feel down, sad and Loss off confidence which usually leads to b**ching and moaning here in the forums about it. Proof is articles about bashing woman etc.

The minority stay positive, improve, become successful and post tips or engage in discussions here at the forums. Again the majority is pessimistic people seeing glass half empty and minority half full, so the forum will tend to be cynical and negative.

People forget woman are humans too just like us, and not every human has to like you. People seeking approval from woman usually have a loss of sense of self or have no approval of themselves. Simply just have faith,stay positive confident, respect your body and don't trust a big booty with a smile.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack89 said:
Site is meant for tips, discussions and cautions about women and in some cases life in general.

Majority of people fail with women they feel down, sad and Loss off confidence which usually leads to b**ching and moaning here in the forums about it. Proof is articles about bashing woman etc.

The minority stay positive, improve, become successful and post tips or engage in discussions here at the forums. Again the majority is pessimistic people seeing glass half empty and minority half full, so the forum will tend to be cynical and negative.

People forget woman are humans too just like us, and not every human has to like you. People seeking approval from woman usually have a loss of sense of self or have no approval of themselves. Simply just have faith,stay positive confident, respect your body and don't trust a big booty with a smile.
Your first post and it was quality. Approval seeking and getting too emotionally invested in a girl who is not emotionally invested in them causes all the hate and sadness.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online dating made me far more pessimistic & cynical than this site could ever do on its own.

This site made me REALISTIC. It is all in what you take from it.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about pessimistic and cynical - I think you could only become cynical if you took every word some of the goofs on here say as gospel.

The truth is, this site is loaded with misogynists - guys who have been burned by women and write about ways to treat them like dirt, trying to disguise it as "game" and being an "alpha, bro." And that doesn't make me feel pessimistic or cynical, but it occasionally makes me hate myself for visiting this site :)

But why I keep coming back is because for every woman-hating loser, there are some posters on here who give absolutely amazing advice that is usually geared towards making you a better man, which is what this is all about.

Somebody in the Mature Man forum said it best - this forum is about gaming women, not shaming them.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SirFratserlot said:
Id much rather shame
Then that makes you a sad, weak person.

When you are a real man who has his stuff together, you'll never have to shame another person (male or female) to feel good about yourself.

Sounds like you have a long way to go.

SirFratserlot

Banned
Reaction score
Rather shame than be shamed. It only gets worse once you have your **** together. I've seen and lived through too many experiences where a woman has taken advantage of a weak man or screwed a man over through a divorce process.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's made me more optimistic than pessimistic, I'm a rather optimistic guy most of the time anyway.

To me this site has just lifted off my rose tinted glasses. I don't see women as these special creatures that deserve the treatment that most Hollywood films attribute to them. Nor do I see myself as somebody who is deserving of only high quality women, to get them I have to adopt a mindset which promotes myself first and foremost, and by improving myself the women will follow.

This is a lesson that makes me optimistic for the future, not because I will be getting with hot women, but because I will have the correct mindset to be successful and happy with MYSELF. The women will be a by product of this.

Although I've been on this site for the last 2 years, it's only in recent weeks/months that I've actually internalised that message, and I feel fantastic at the moment.

Gunner

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Gunner just perfectly defined the type of experience you should ideally get from this site.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This site is stuffed full of value, but you have to carefully select what you pay attention to.

There is some kind of hopelessness prevailing these days, that women have us by the balls. They'll flake, cheat, lie, and branch swing, and there's just nothing we can do about it.

They have Facebook, smartphones, dozens of orbiters, and an inflated self-image.

They have the pill, and make their own money, and are beyond our control anymore.

IMO the site should focus more on how men can ADAPT to the changing landscape, not how "bad" it's getting for guys out there and hard "impossible" it is to get a woman to stick around.

Oh - and there's probably something to be said about the mindset that hot young women (who have high value in society) should just spread their legs for you by mere virtue of the fact that you are a man.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Many guys on this forum expect the world out of women - but are unwilling and/or unable to produce any value in return.

Of course hot women want a good looking alpha male making lots of money. They'd be stupid not to.

In general there's far too much whining and entitlement on this forum, and not enough "maybe I should stop crying about how good some guys have it, and just turn myself into one of those guys."

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:
This site is stuffed full of value, but you have to carefully select what you pay attention to.
49au said:
In general there's far too much whining and entitlement on this forum, and not enough "maybe I should stop crying about how good some guys have it, and just turn myself into one of those guys."
This. This. This.

And you don't have to be the hottest "alpha" dude on the planet for this to work either, guys. It's about becoming your best possible self. If you can stand in a room and know who you are, what you have to offer the world, and feel comfortable and confident in your own skin - you've just discovered the key.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not neccessarily talking about success as increasing the size of my pay check, as a student, that isn't really what I define as success at the moment.

Instead the way I define success is by doing what I believe gives me the most self worth

At the moment for me that is my grades, which although they haven't been too great this year, in the last weeks I have changed my attitude and have been working much harder than normal, because I have decided that for the good of my self worth I want to get the best degree I can, to me that is success.

The lesson that I have learnt is that if I take my acadamia seriously it will put me in a better position to be happy, as a result of this I will enjoy myself more, and this will attract women. They will wonder why I am happy and enjoying myself.

If this is not the case it doesn't matter, because I will be happy and optimistic already.

This site has taught me to put myself first, and if that lesson makes you pessimistic about life, I don't think you've internalised it correctly.

Gunner

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
This site has made me LESS pessimistic and cynical.

Why? Because before I found this site.. I thought I was just a "pig" who didn't see the value in modern women that most others saw.

This site made me realize that many other men think like me and modern society has made most modern females toxic. Hence.. the lack of value they possess that as led me to avoiding serious commitments with them most of my life.

This site made me happy. I realized I'm not such a bad guy... I'm just reacting to my environment. I truly wanted commitment and marriage for a while but NO WOMAN I MET SEEMED WORTHY OF IT. I thought it was just me (and maybe to some degree it is) but now I can see its not ALL me.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disillusionment is always painful but carries with it possibilities that were not apparent while operating under illusion.

HedoRick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This site has helped me become less pessimistic.

It made me realize that you've got two options. Accept hors for what they are, and treat them as such.

You either accept that fact, or b1tch and moan about your problems. As for me, I prefer the first option. Nothing more unnatractive than a whiner!!

backcracker

Banned
Reaction score
Or I'm just a butthurt guy :( Waaaaa :cry: Save me!
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

No woman is worthy because you don't see yourself as worthy :( If you look at yourself as garbage than the girls you date, even the good ones, are just garbage.

PlayHer Man said:
This site has made me LESS pessimistic and cynical.

Why? Because before I found this site.. I thought I was just a "pig" who didn't see the value in modern women that most others saw.

This site made me realize that many other men think like me and modern society has made most modern females toxic. Hence.. the lack of value they possess that as led me to avoiding serious commitments with them most of my life.

This site made me happy. I realized I'm not such a bad guy... I'm just reacting to my environment. I truly wanted commitment and marriage for a while but NO WOMAN I MET SEEMED WORTHY OF IT. I thought it was just me (and maybe to some degree it is) but now I can see its not ALL me.