Has a woman ever tried to change your style or the way you dress?

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has a woman you dated ever tried to change your style or the way you dress?

Im a spiritual person and I wear a Kippah beanie wherever I go in public. I also tend to wear sometimes panchos or a double pocket long sleeve shirts along with my beanie at times.

Has a woman ever tried to change the way you dress? or your sense of style?

and if she did…did you compromise?

While the woman here are nice, there mostly Catholic and few expresses my faith within my clothing.

IMG_7998.png IMG_7997.png

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Influence, yes. Change? No.

Some women like to show me what they think I'd look good in, but I have my own style and while I might them up on their suggestion if I agree, I'm no 'style project'. I don't ask them for their opinion on my outfits.

I dated models and visited fashion shoots, but I only got compliments on my style. Nobody had the arrogance to try and change my style because my style is obviously uniquely how I express myself and I don't care what other people think about my style. They don't have to like it. I'm not wearing my outfits for them.

If you get too many opinions on your outfits, it's mostly because you're not secure in your own opinion on how you should dress and you are subconsciously 'asking' for other people to judge you. When you walk around confident in your own judgment, people will hesitate to inflict their opinion, because they stand a high chance of their opinion being ignored.

Martyn Julie Dexter Klook Vrijpaleis.jpeg
Martyn Klook Vrijpaleis 22-06-24 Darth Vader baby 2.jpeg
Martyn Klook typing at VP 8-5-22 photo by Philip.JPG

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Im a spiritual person and I wear a Kippah beanie wherever I go in public. I also tend to wear sometimes panchos or a double pocket long sleeve shirts along with my beanie at times.

Has a woman ever tried to change the way you dress? or your sense of style?

and if she did…did you compromise?

While the woman here are nice, there mostly Catholic and few expresses my faith within my clothing.

View attachment 13201 View attachment 13202
Yes,.dated this one 22 year old virgin Christian girl from Nigeria back in 2007. I compromised with her fashion direction.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes,.dated this one 22 year old virgin Christian girl from Nigeria back in 2007. I compromised with her fashion direction.
So you traded slacks and jeans for a loincloth, but stopped short of piercing your nose with a human femur?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I’ve generally received compliments on clothes over the years and still do. But I used to over dress pre-Cove.

The nurse chick I dated in 2018 yelled at me once and said that I “needed to dress down.” She was super casual, so even me wearing a stylish button down shirt and dress pants on a date was too much for her.

And girl friend from work kept mentioning that I should wear jeans on Friday. I didn’t think it mattered, but she brought it up like 6x.

These days I’m way more casual. Mostly due to WFH and partly due to the above feedback.

If you have “nice guy vibes” like me, I think over dressing makes it worse. More casual can give a slightly more masculine edge. I think that is what both were getting at, but couldn’t or didn’t want to verbalize it.

Last edited:

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve generally received compliments on clothes over the years and still do. But I used to over dress pre-Cove.

The nurse chick I dated in 2018 yelled at me once and said that I “needed to dress down.” She was super casual, so even me wearing a stylish button down shirt and dress pants on a date was too much for her.

And girl friend from work kept mentioning that I should wear jeans on Friday. I didn’t think it mattered, but she brought it up like 6x.

These days I’m way more casual. Mostly due to WFH and partly due to the above feedback.

If you have “nice guy vibes” like me, I think over dressing makes it worse. More casual can give a slightly more masculine edge. I think that is what both were getting at, but couldn’t or didn’t want to verbalize it.
You probably started looking too good for their liking. I.e. female competition

Wear what you want and are comfortable in.

Looking good typically makes me feel stuffy and want to bust out

But women appreciate it and resent it if you look too good, lol

That should tell you something

Women are fickle. If they're acting jealous, you're doing it right

Last edited: