Harder for small guys ?

UnluckyGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am just wondering if it is hopeless if you are small? I only weigh 130 lbs and I've tried different ways to gain weight with fail. So I just have to accept my weight but I cant help but think that this hurts my chances with girls. Anyone think that I have no hope?

protienpowder

Don Juan
Reaction score
im 125, and I seem to be doing well. Iam a extremly ripped 125 though (my weight was 95 lbs before I got into weightlifting, so its an extra 30 lbs on my frame) and people think I weigh 140-150. There is always ways to gain weight, its just that you have to do alotta things right, and if you don't do one thing, you won't gain weight. Also, if you don't seem to be gaining weight, try concentrating on getting stronger rather than gaining weight. Your body goes through periods where instead of getting bigger, your body rebulds the muscel tissue for effeciently so that you'll just get stronger not bigger. After that period, you'll see a spurt of growth. Post your workout and diet schedule for a whole week, and we'll tell you what to change.

Don't be depressed about being 130. I would've been hella happy to start out at 130. Also, when your get in shape, pple are gonna think you weigh allot more than you actually do cuz you're biceps/shoulders/chest stick out.

Remulak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
130 is a little skinny at any height, you should try bulking up. I'm 5'9 and about 150 and still very cut up. I work out about 5 days a week and eat a very clean diet. I'd suggest eatting A LOT of lean meat and protein shakes.

chaosphere

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a small guy myself (5'7, 135-140) I will answer your question with a resounding "no".

There's always gonna be a hot girl out there that can "match" your body type. I tend to end up with a lot of girls that are like 5'3-5'4 and it seems just about perfect. I am fairly muscular, though.

The only thing that's hurting your chances with girls, as you put it, is your mindset. I am one of the smallest guys out of all of my friends, and I've still bagged quite a few very good looking girls. I say this not to brag, but as a mere fact. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, get yourself on the road to having the body you want to have, and in the meantime, just grab your balls and approach girls. That's all there is to it :up:

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'11, 130 lbs ? Thats MUCH too skinny for your height. Thats unhealthy.

You can't gain weight ?

Lets rephrase that, you weren't motivated enough to gain weight.

You can do anything you set your mind to. Quit freaking whining and start eating.

Chipleader

Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent been around here very long, but it seems loads of people have got certain things they believe are holding them back with girls. Things like height, weight, baldness and even being too good looking. The moral - nobody is perfect.

DaPainkillah

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely not.

I got a friend who's about 5'6 or 5'7 and he gets girls all the time... he's not into pickup but he's looking very good (looks like a small george Clooney) and kind of a natural.
i'd say he scores better with women then all of my other friends (which is really funny since some of my buddies are 6-footers)

dreamxhenry

Banned
Reaction score
UnluckyGuy said:
I am just wondering if it is hopeless if you are small? I only weigh 130 lbs and I've tried different ways to gain weight with fail. So I just have to accept my weight but I cant help but think that this hurts my chances with girls. Anyone think that I have no hope?
most small guys are funny they use humor to get girls,plus girls find small guys cute since looking like a little kid so you can use that as to your advantage one of my cousins is small and gets sooo much girls easy!

girlsarecrazy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to kill your metabolism.

Pick up drinking beer or something. That'll kill your metabolism and allow weight gain. Go to GNC, There's plenty of Weight Gainer things in there.

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the shortest guy here. I'm 5'4. Now yes this has question comes up, same with looks and interracial dating. What your doing is thinking you can't get girls because women say they want tall guys. Well women say they want nice guys and go for jerks. So do you think women really want tall guys.
My wingman is a tall guy and he gets rejected by girls. What gives ??
Why would a girl who say she wants tall guys and nice guys. Reject tall and nice guys.

BECAUSE WOMEN DON"T KNOW WHAT THEY HELL THEY WANT. !!!!

Even a beautiful woman doesn't know what she wants until she sees it. ~ Hitch
Remember bro attarction isn't a choice by a chance.

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

SexinEar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea but women can be attracted to a smaller guy but use the fact that they are small to de-validate the guy justifing the attraction she had.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 5' 10" and weight just under 9 stone.....Yes.....9 stone or 120-126 lbs!

I have no problems getting girls so the answer to your question is

**drum roll**

No.... Stop looking for excuses. Get out there and improve your PU

Must admit. Tried pulling a girl last night and she said she doesnt go for slim guys. First time i have ever heard that one.....

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomatoes said:
Must admit. Tried pulling a girl last night and she said she doesnt go for slim guys. First time i have ever heard that one.....
I got that once when I was your weight, I answered with "oh, it's ok, I like my girls good looking." Cow hurt my feelings:nono:

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything in life is relative.

Harder for smaller guys? If compared to somebody with the body of Brad Pitt.
Now...it would be harder for that guy if he is 5'11" and is compared to a guy that is 4'9"? Nope.

So...I guess the answer is that there others that have it considerably harder.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
UnluckyGuy said:

Carry yourself well and it won't be a problem. I didn't have too much problem creating attraction at my lighter weight. Putting on weight sure doesn't hurt though. Though some girls just have a certain type in mind...so you can't win them all.

I'm a bit under 5'7". I use to be around 105-110lbs.
I'm about 145lbs now. I'm still skinny, but I'm still working on adding more weight.

What works for me is to try and eat a lot. I do a two-day split right now. And try to lift as heavy as I can (heavy enough to where I can only lift it five or six times per set). I mostly base my workout around bench, deadlift and squat. And supplement that to work on my problem areas.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At that weight the girls you're hitting on will be packing more than you, lol...

Its easy to bulk up, but requires determination... hit the gym daily work out, eat some good foods and you'll steadily see yourself packing on the lbs...

As for holding you back... I'll be honest, it will hold you back... a high %age of girls are still kind of primal they like a guy who can offer them protection, and when you're that slim you're not going to be looked upon in too much of a macho way... you can still get SOME but to get some, you'll need a positive attitude and confidence which you don't appear to have judging by the post

One more question though... how old are you? If you're young and still developing, be patient... you can aid in your development, but most probably, your time will come eventually

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Small has its advantages. You don't intimidate. That's a problem I have.

I'm 6'4, lift weights, and I'm 225 lbs. Add to that a voice that sounds like God. I have probably scared off more women than i have ever attracted.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went from 130 to 170 in five years (I'm 24 and 5'10"). Start eating like crazy now and work out at least 3 times a day. No cardio!!!!! I can finally say that I look like a man and women do take notice.