Votes: 4 36.4%
  • poor and happy

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to be poor and feel happy at the same time.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only people who say "Money can't buy happiness", never had any money anyway.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Correction, its not possible for a MATERIALISTIC person to be poor and feel happy.
Have you ever been to isolated third world villages? Even tho in our terms they are poor, eveyone there is very peaceful and happy.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
The only people who say "Money can't buy happiness", never had any money anyway.
..or go live in/near princeton NJ

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people spend their entire lives wanting what they can't quite have. But yet if they ever had those things, they would find it all strangely unfulfilling.

Reaction score
Money is debt. I would much rather know the truth or have the wisdom about everything, then I could maneuver through this world happy and in financial plenty. I refuse to settle for those false misconceptions we are taught in school by the people who print money. :up:

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Correction, its not possible for a MATERIALISTIC person to be poor and feel happy.
Have you ever been to isolated third world villages? Even tho in our terms they are poor, eveyone there is very peaceful and happy.
That is American B.S. Since when do Americans venture to third world villages? Tell me? When? They don't!! Those third world village people would risk their lives for a flat screen tv. Trust me. You go be a Somalian!

Trust me. I have been to piss poor Ukrainian villages and seen how "happy" people are. NOT! The people in the ritzy areas of Kyiv with their $500,000 cars and penchant for fancy drinks seem a lot happier to me.

In saying this...after you reach a certain level of wealth more money DOES NOT improve how you feel. Basically, a typical male just needs a nice car, a nice tv, sports, a nice drink, and a young girlfriend who will give him his nice drinks while he watches sports. Reason my favorite place on earth is a country like Ukraine.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
That is American B.S. Since when do Americans venture to third world villages? Tell me? When? They don't!! Those third world village people would risk their lives for a flat screen tv. Trust me. You go be a Somalian!

Trust me. I have been to piss poor Ukrainian villages and seen how "happy" people are. NOT! The people in the ritzy areas of Kyiv with their $500,000 cars and penchant for fancy drinks seem a lot happier to me.

In saying this...after you reach a certain level of wealth more money DOES NOT improve how you feel. Basically, a typical male just needs a nice car, a nice tv, sports, a nice drink, and a young girlfriend who will give him his nice drinks while he watches sports. Reason my favorite place on earth is a country like Ukraine.
I was born in Peru, so yes I have traveled and stayed at places like these. But I was too materialistic back then to appreciate it.

Of course rich people SEEM happier, they can afford to have everything they want, but that only brings them short lived excitement, not a true and lasting happiness, this is why they have to go buy more and more! Haven't you ever heard "money doesnt buy happiness"? well its a popular saying, and its popular for a reason. There are hundreds of studies that confirm that wealth and happiness are not correlated at all.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Words out of my mouth, talk about a false dilemma, this poll is the sort of crap Hollywood tries to spoon-feed us.

I choose option #3, rich and happy.

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much are we talking here? Give me that 30 mil and I'll try to be as miserable as I can. HEHEHEHEHE! Dude, I don't have a lot of money but I'm happy!

The key is to always live in the moment, not always living in the past or in the future. When you are at work, you are at work no matter how boring it is. You don't sit there thinking you wish you were Brad Pitt because he doesn't have to work. And for your information, Brad Pitt does work. Anything that involves money is a job. Even Barrack Obama works every single minute. The key is to find a job you like. Don't be like my brother who wants to retire at the age of 21. Seriously, television isn't really that healthy.

Don't always live in the past. I know you thought your ex was the one but let's face it. More than likely, she's out there getting f*ck by her new boyfriend now. The past can never be changed. Don't think about it too much.

Always be thankful for what you have. The car you used the dream of, more than likely that you have it now. The motorcycle, the girl etc. Learn to look back and remember the days when you have nothing. Open your eyes and be thankful for everything. You don't have to say thank you that you have a car. The fact that you wash it at least once a week is enough. You don't have to say thank you that you have a place to live in. Just clean it once in a while and that's good enough.

I can go on and on and on how I keep myself happy. The truth is you have to make yourself happy everyday through your mind. A lot of people are amaze how other people are always happy and motivated and a lot of people don't realize that it's a constant battle each day.

Everyone wants to be rich and famous because we think it will make us happy. The girls will love us, the haters will envy us, and we will be noticed and we won't die as if we never existed. We all want to feel important. The truth is we all are.

A lot of people are just blind. You have the doctor who thinks he's the man and he's above everyone else in the hospital. You have the nurses who have so much respect to the doctors yet they look down on the people who collects the garbages because they never went to school, or the cook who makes the food. The truth is we all need each other. Whatever your job is, it was created because it was needed. The garbage collector, the caregivers, the cops, the teachers, the pilots, the taxi drivers, the president, the bank clerk, the baker, every single job!!!!!

I know that people feel like there's some kind of level and that most people put themselves on the lowest category every single time. There is no such thing as a level.

To me, either you're above God or you're below God. I believe we are all below God and no matter what you accomplish in this world you are not better than anyone else. Period.

I know a lot of people are thinking. If I can only get my pretty face inside that tv screen I will be the happiest person on earth. What those kind of people need to realize is that the hot chick that works at bestbuy could have been Megan Fox but you don't pay attention to her because her face isn't on that stupid tv screen of yours. Man you guys are all superstars and you don't even know it.

For those who think that you can't be happy if you're poor. Good luck. I hope you become a millionaire. Seriously though. Don't do that to yourself. Always thinking you were rich. Don't always live in the future. Stay in the present as hard as you can. If you're having sex, you're having sex. If you're swimming, you're swimming. If you're boxing, you're boxing. If you're eating, you're eating. If you're walking, you're walking. If you're struggling with life, hey enjoy it because nothing last forever. Be exactly where you are and enjoy everything. Smile and let them figure out why you're so happy.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Words out of my mouth, talk about a false dilemma, this poll is the sort of crap Hollywood tries to spoon-feed us.

I choose option #3, rich and happy.
Hollywood and real life have nothing in common. Remember that and you are above 95% of the people you are around.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the poll it seems very clear that most people would rather be poor and happy.
Here's somehting I found very interesting, when I aksed this same question to the women at my job ( i work around mostly women) 4 out of 6 said they'd rather be rich and unhappy.
This shows how different women are from us.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
By the poll it seems very clear that most people would rather be poor and happy.
Here's somehting I found very interesting, when I aksed this same question to the women at my job ( i work around mostly women) 4 out of 6 said they'd rather be rich and unhappy.
This shows how different women are from us.
That's bc they know themselves better than we do, that they are perpetually unhappy, so might as well have money for the rest of their sad, sorry lives.

I've been happy since Sept 2005. I changed in the moment, in the twinkling of an eye back then. You want to know how? It was a oneitis, but more specifically, it was My finding my True loving self again, like I remembered myself to be when I was young. I was very happy until I started going to school. School jaded the fvck out of me. It took me a while to reclaim my true self after all that bogus schooling bullsh!t, such a waste. Reality is happiness, fantasy world is a nightmare. School is fantasy world. None of it works. Only love works, and kissing the teacher's as5 or some politician's as5, your boss' as5, to get ahead, the politics, is grade-A misery for me.

I'm happy to be a hard worker, away from offices and corporate politics. I'm happy because I am free. 98% of people have to work in order to Live, so if you don't like your job, then you won't be happy, no matter how much you are paid as a man. Now as a woman, they have a monthly miserable rag to deal with, so they can't be perpetually happy like we can. Their happiness gets disrupted all the time.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
By the poll it seems very clear ....
All that's clear is that you don't know how to make a decent poll. "Well ****, would I rather be happy or not?"

Idiotic. Really. It's the sort of question a media douchebag would ask.

Why not ask something really interesting instead of fluffy baby-diaper diarrhea like this, if you have to ask anything at all?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
Finally ...
It's actually worse than that. It's a case of making up two stupidly simplistic and essentially impossible situations and then pretending they make sense and THEN trying to discuss them thoughtfully. Hmmmm. Well, hmmmm.

"Which would be better, to be made of molasses or to be emperor of Jupiter?"

Well sh*t, let me ponder which I'll choose.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
"Which would be better, to be made of molasses or to be emperor of Jupiter?"

Well sh*t, let me ponder which I'll choose.
Emperor of Jupiter. Molasses tastes horrible.