Handshakes

Ronz203

Reaction score
You know how you go out somewhere and your introduced to someone and you give them a firm handshake? Well i never thought about this before but would you still give the same firm shake to a girl one of your friends introduce you to? Any special DJ things for this situation?

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Palms up when you shake a girls hand. This shows that this is not a serious meeting between the two of you. However you showed still give a firm grip, unless you want to be mistaken as gay!

shiningshadow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do a two handed thing where when I grab her hand with my right, I put my left on her palm and shake once.

habdragon08

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you watch who wants to be a millionaire, regis like kinda touches a persons elbow while doing a handshake (right after the fastest finger Q)

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Tips is for giving tips, not asking for them. Please read the description of the forum before you post in it, thanks.

Moved to DJD.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold the handshake for almost uncomfortably longer than you would for a traditonal, professional, or cordial handshake.
:up:

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shaking hands with women, you kind of grab her fingers at a horizontal hand position and give a gentle squeeze. Unlike a male handshake where your hand is vertical and you grab their palm squeeze, and shake.

Maintaining eye contact during a handshake and repeating his/her name as you are introduced helps to establish a connection. Also repeating the name helps to regsiter it in your memory, so you don't instantly forget her name.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about to share a very powerful technique I read in a great book (I think it's only available in French) on persuasion.

What he suggests is that when somebody offers to shake your hand, you should always wait for a second or two, contemplate the hand, then shake it. The guy's philosophy is that most people shake hands very banally, without thinking about it. By waiting a second or two, the other person will think that you didn't just react to their motion by shaking a hand. It's kind of stupid but they will think you really "meant" it.

I haven't had much chance to field test it, but it was powerful all 5 times or so that I tried. I'll never forget. I began talking to some cute blonde, she offered her hand, I thought just long enough to make her doubt that I was going to shake it, then I took it and shook her hand firmly. The reaction is beyond words. She didn't find it weird (it sounds weird when you analyze it, but it was very brief). On the contrary, you should've seen the look in her eyes like "who are you?" There was a moment of powerful connection, it was really something.

Personally, I believe in firm handshakes, by the way.

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 Star Tip izza!:up:

See this guy everyone? Try to be like my man izza here, give new advice!

Its been a long time since I've learned new info.

EXCELLENT izza!

Ronz203

Reaction score
good stuff here thanx, as for the moderator sorry about that, i meant to put this somewhere else, i didnt realise it was in tips until it was already posted.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quote Otter,

"If you want to be somewhat original when shaking a girl's hand or
anyone's hand for that matter try this:

When going in for the handshake extend your hand and take hers
gently. Right before you take her hand have your left (or right)
hand come over hers. Hold it there for an extra second and give her
your killer smile and some nice eye contact.

I learned this from Trent in swingers and it has worked wonders for
me. It shows confidence and you don't see most guys do it. It's
different. I get positive reactions literally almost all the time.

Give it a try!

Otter"

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anomalous said:
5 Star Tip izza!:up:

See this guy everyone? Try to be like my man izza here, give new advice!

Its been a long time since I've learned new info.

EXCELLENT izza!
LOL, thanks bro, I'm glad you liked it. I cannot remember the name of the book for the life of me. That is really frustrating.

But the premise was cool. According to the author, who's an expert magician as well as a lawyer, in a lot of modern card tricks the participant actually has the power to ruin the trick at any time. The secret is being subtle, patient, polite, and forceful enough to get him to do what you want. Master that kind of magic, and you have mastered people.

The applications are amazing. The author relates a story about when he first joined a law firm. Apparently, they were working on a case which they were almost guaranteed to lose. The author said to one of the lawyers, "so if I get the opposing person to sign a document giving up the lawsuit, we would win, right?" The lawyer said, "if you get the guy to sign a document completely against his own interests like that, I will buy you a bottle of top quality champagne." The magician/lawyer left, and four hours later had the signed document to the amazement of everybody in the firm. Another case with similar implications came up, and the author left, and once again came back with the miraculous signed document. Once he again he received a bottle of champagne. According to him, this pattern repeated itself over and over until he had a carton full of champagne bottles in his basement.

The author applies the persuasion techniques to various situations: dealing with police, bureaucracies, neighbors, picking up women, doing negociations, etc. It's great stuff.

When I find the title, I'll post it here.

Izza

Reaction score
Izza;

The girl has to always initiate the handshake then for this to work.

An e-book from John Alanis, suggests that when you are shaking someone's hand, who approaches you first, not to let go unless she lets go first, because that's 'bad boy' behaviour, and give a 'bad boy' smile when you do that.

John Alanis uses his own defination for 'bad boy' as 'mischevious' and when you excude that trait, it turns women on as an attraction trigger.

What do you think about that?

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you guys can either do the palm-up shake, or if you're introducing yourself to a girl you're sarging, I prefer doing it the European way (i think thats what you call it)..where you hold her hand and then bring it up to kiss the top of the hand O:)

I'd use this on a girl who isn't super ****y or gets attention all the time, because afterall, if shes the attention ***** type then 100s of other guys must've done the european hand kiss by now!

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bill Clinton was the master of the handshake. Hands on elbows, shoulders, having a full-blown conversation, big smiles. All those years of meet-and-greets I suppose.

People say that when they meet him, they understand what the word charisma really means.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Captain Popular

Don Juan
Reaction score
You knw what pisses me off about handshakes, is when you go to give a handshake and they grab so fast that you are only squeezing with half your hand so u give the weakest gay handhsake in the world......does that ever happen to yall?

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Izza;

The girl has to always initiate the handshake then for this to work.

An e-book from John Alanis, suggests that when you are shaking someone's hand, who approaches you first, not to let go unless she lets go first, because that's 'bad boy' behaviour, and give a 'bad boy' smile when you do that.

John Alanis uses his own defination for 'bad boy' as 'mischevious' and when you excude that trait, it turns women on as an attraction trigger.

What do you think about that?
To me, that John Alanis idea sounds stupid and vaguely stalkerish. But give it a try if you like it. I'll try it out if I remember. I like what the guy posted about Clinton's handshakes.

It's not necessarily a problem if she doesn't initiate. What you do is this:

What's your name: Martha, yours?
Kevin.
You mark a little pause, just long enough to make her wonder
Offer hand.

Or

What's your name: Martha, yours?
Kevin.
You offer the hand right away, but when she raises hers, you don't take it right away. You mark a little pause, just long enough to make her wonder, then you take it.

Result of a little doubt = pure magic. But don't take my word for it.

Izza