Handling her ex without appearing jealous?

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend's been complaining to me a lot lately, his girlfriend had a fling and cheated with (cheated WITH, not ON) this guy, lets call him Johnny, years ago, recently Johnny came back into the picture, and although things seem innocent enough Johnny and my buddies girl are friends again and talk a lot etc. No cheating going on but Johnny is slime and he does make a few flirty comments towards her, my friend is afraid the past could repeat itself even though what happened took place years ago and the girl has since matured a lot.

Im really interested in this b/c I was in the exact same situation a while back, I never said a word out of fear of appearing jealous/insecure but it always ate me up inside.

What's the best way to handle a situation like this without appearing jealous and killing your calm, laid back credibility? I just flat out don't feel comfortable with a girlfriend of mine keeping in contact, and becoming close friends, with a guy she has a history of cheating with... obviously im not alone b/c my friend is in agony over it.
I don't know what to tell my friend b/c like I said, I always just held it in when it happened to me and im not sure if that was the best way to handle it... sure I came across as totally secure but it was killing me inside.

anointed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shes gonna fvck johnny cos ur friend is being a wussy. Hes got zero control over this girl.

"becoming close friends, with a guy she has a history of cheating with"

THats enough. Tell your friend to say "Stay away from him or we are finished, its total disrespect and i dont take that **** from anyone".. if she doesnt then 4get that hoe. **** shes already cheated anyway that shouldve been enough a long time ago.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea after I had some time to think it over that's what I told him even before I read this reply... it's what I should have done last time to. He said he couldn't do that because he loves her too much lol... err well, he asked for advice and I gave my advice, I'm not going to butt in anymore since it's not my business.

Anyway back when it happened to me it was pure jealousy, now I just see it as really disrespectful to the person you are with to continue talking with someone you cheated with previously.

Reaction score
You guys overuse the words "jealousy" and "insecurity" - only women use those words - stop it!!!

She should know this already -- let your friend know he is her current pimp and it is his rules!! And yeah, she is getting banged by him!!

Aquilo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn´t it like cheating, to hang out with a guy she has cheated with? Talk about disrespect. Tell him, if he loves the woman and thus wanna keep her, he HAS to stand his ground and tell her to stop seeing Johnny. Otherwise, she will run away with little Johnny ( and isn´t that kinda of disturbing if you love a girl =) )