Hairloss and Workingout

2SLICK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this question has come up before, but I still have no real answer. The doctor I asked this question to seem unrealable at best (he is not my dr. anymore). Here it goes:

Has anyone who is suffering from male pattern baldness noticed an increase in hairloss while they were on a natural bodybuilding routine? I suspect that it may have increased for me but, I can not tell for sure if it was from the workout or other factors. I do use propecia, and it has worked for me. If anyone knows the answer to this question, or is visiting a medical doctor soon and could ask them this question that would be great.

I would appreciate any response or help greatly!

--2SLICK--

*new*

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hair loss is related to the amount of androgens you have. If you have too much androgens your body gets hairy while you start to become bald. (of course this is not the only reason for hair loss, no way, but if you feel like the hair on your chest is growing while you are losing hair on your head, then stop taking supplements that increase your testesterone level)

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(Maybe I should research this more and post about it, I keep repeating it..)

Mercury can cause baldness. If your diet is high in fish (including tuna), that could be your problem.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen any increase in hair loss yet, but I've only recently started so I'll have to get back to ya on this one...

But honestly, I've gotten to the point where I don't care as much. I shave my head even though I've got some on top, but I've lost enough hair that I will always look older than I am (25) even IF I could stop the hairloss from progressing any further. Propecia seems like a decent treatment, but its EXPENSIVE and you can never stop taking it... so IMO its just not worth it. I'd rather have a killer body than a few extra hairs on my head.

And who knows? There are a few groups working on hair cloning as a way to restore hair. If that pans out I won't need to worry about Propecia or how much I work out. To me that looks like the only realistic "cure" on the horizon. Reports are that they should have a procedure developed within the next five years.

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im with flyguy, Id rather be buff and bald than a hairy wuss. If anybody is on propecia you are an idiot. get proscar and cut it into 4th or 5ths at 5 times less the cost. www.hairlosshelp.com
go to the forums and search this question has been pounded over a million times. plus you can find anything you want there.