Hair question...

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My hair's dark brown, pretty short, and I'm wondering what to do with it. I've tried to spike it but since I have a cowlick in front that the most copious amounts of gel cannot defeat, it ends up just looking wrong. And gooey. I'm thinking of growing it out, but that takes a while and looks dumb in between...spiking the front up has the same effect as trying to spike it.

so...any suggestions? The pic is from a while ago, imagine that guy a bit more built, with a bit more of a tan(a bit, not much...I'll work on that someday), slightly darker hair, and with a less stupid expression (heat-of-the-moment camera guy, and i was leaving a college summer course, so I was kinda ecstatic) and that's me.

http://www.blackcode.org/ThePsionicChild/images/alexLeavinSchool.jpg

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spike it, don't care how much gel it takes, just spike it. Use Dippity Do 9 or even 10 if you can find it, thats the stuff I use.

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm growing out my hair right now as well. I don't gel my hair, but rather comb it into a puff of sorts. All I do is wet it and use a pick. I look kinda messy at times but I don't give a sheet cause who I am inside speaks for its darn self.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, i definitely second the spiking notion. It will give you a different "aura" than your dry, combed-down look.
My hair went down in front like yours. When you were describing your hair, it sounded just like mine, even the cowlick on the front of one side!
I put gel in mine, and get a blowdryer and try and blowdry the bangs up. The Caeser cut/Ricky Martin cut is still in style. (Granted, the messy/spikey look is more popular) However, if you could blow the bangs back, and spike/mess the rest - it will look cool! You'll feel stupid for awhile with such a radical change, but just try it!

Oh, and i used to have to blowdry my thick annoying bangs back, but once i started using a conditioner, my hair was more manageable. (god, i sound like a Nutresse commericial...)
Go buy a couple different pomades, or gel. I use the cheapest pomade ever, and it works pretty good. Its like half mousse/half gel. Its by Suave, in the little round can.

Dude, just try the blowdry and gel/pomade look, and see what happens!!