guys, do you think he likes me?

udontknowme

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a girl, not a gay guy, lol.

There is this guy that I work with who I think might like me. I know the whole "don't mix work with pleasure" thing, but we're only 20 and 22, and neither of us plan on working at this place forever.

Anyway, there a tons of reasons I think he might like, but it's the recent things that I'm questioning now.

We usually work Friday nights together, and this week we didn't, only I worked. He came by anyway, to drop something off, and ended up staying for about 10 minutes just to talk. He was like "so did you miss me today? we didn't get to have a usual Friday date." I was a little sacastic, and was like "oh yeaaaa, I missed you." Even though I really did miss working with him, lol.

Then as he was leaving, he gave me a high-five, which is something he's never done before. It was kinda out of blue. I know high-fives are usually a "just friends" thing, but the fact that he's never done that before is weird.

Then he left me a comment, on myspace, yes, about how he hoped I enjoyed my day off.

So what do you guys think? Do you think he's just being friendly?
Thanx.

justsomeguy1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to tell just from what you wrote.. Does he usually have a lot of physical contact with you, like just casually touching your arm or shoulder or back? If he does that then I would say he likes you.

udontknowme

Don Juan
Reaction score
nah, he's too shy to do that. thats why the sudden high-five was kinda strange.

justsomeguy1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm... well if he's shy like you say, then you might have to be the one who casually touches him, just to let him know that you are interested. Since he is shy, he won't make any kind of move on you unless he is sure that you like him. Also it could be useful to flirt with him a little bit on his myspace. He would definately be more open about what he says on there than he would be in person.

But back to your original question---I wouldn't say that the high five necessarily means anything as far as him being interested or not. I woulnd't read too much into it.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're even moderately attractive and he has no girlfriend I assure you he likes you.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
It's kind of like playing pin the nail on Jesus. You don't want to miss the important parts and aren't sure where in fact the right spot is.

I can assure you sweetpea. He does.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drag him into your office and give him head; he'll love it.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
udontknowme said:
nah, he's too shy to do that. thats why the sudden high-five was kinda strange.
The thing is people act different in different situations.

You said he didn't work that day so he could have been in a relaxed mood, just trying to have fun and socialize, instead of how he usually is when working so this could mean anything.

Maybe he is just a recovering AFC and flirts with all the girl around just for training :cool:

Nausicaa

Don Juan
Reaction score
He likes you, without a doubt.

I'm a slow-to-warm-up kind of guy too, so I can see myself doing the same things. It sounds like he's interested in you, but since you work together, and he's kind of shy, he's not quite sure how to make a real move.

If you take the initiative and ask him out or make a move at work (;)), he'll definitely go for it. Ask him to do something after work, he'll jump at the chance.

I'm actually dating a girl from work now, and it started in a similar fashion.

rsxtreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
udontknowme said:
I'm a girl, not a gay guy, lol.

There is this guy that I work with who I think might like me. I know the whole "don't mix work with pleasure" thing, but we're only 20 and 22, and neither of us plan on working at this place forever.

Anyway, there a tons of reasons I think he might like, but it's the recent things that I'm questioning now.

We usually work Friday nights together, and this week we didn't, only I worked. He came by anyway, to drop something off, and ended up staying for about 10 minutes just to talk. He was like "so did you miss me today? we didn't get to have a usual Friday date." I was a little sacastic, and was like "oh yeaaaa, I missed you." Even though I really did miss working with him, lol.

Then as he was leaving, he gave me a high-five, which is something he's never done before. It was kinda out of blue. I know high-fives are usually a "just friends" thing, but the fact that he's never done that before is weird.

Then he left me a comment, on myspace, yes, about how he hoped I enjoyed my day off.

So what do you guys think? Do you think he's just being friendly?
Thanx.
he is being friendly, but the high five thing out of the random thing. its going to lead to him slapping your ass. like football players:p

Reaction score
If he asks you out... he likes you.

If he simply talks... he likes you as a friend.

future dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
brucevangeorge said:
If he asks you out... he likes you.

If he simply talks... he likes you as a friend.
not necessarily....back when i was an AFC there was this girl i really liked but never had the courage to ask out....and i was pretty sure she liked me too....the only way for her to find out is to ask him out

Reaction score
future dj said:
not necessarily....back when i was an AFC there was this girl i really liked but never had the courage to ask out....and i was pretty sure she liked me too....the only way for her to find out is to ask him out
Well if thats the case... then to the poster I say: don't bother. If he doesn;t have the cojones to ask you out, then you don't want him. After all, he's not a real man. You might as well be hanging out with the girls.

Life's harsh.

Oh well.