Guitar Questions!

DJ_Trainee_10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on buying two guitars. I'm new to the guitar so keep that in mind.

I want to know what are decent names and models for electrics and acoustics. I'd also like to know what are a few tips in buying these guitars, such as sound and price etc.

Basically I'm looking for a decent guitar for a decent price.

As of now:
I'm planning to buy an ELECTRIC Fender Stratocaster
and
an ACOUSTIC Ibanez...

A little help please?

Thanks,
Trainee 10

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://musiciansfriend.com/

You can search up your guitar and see what people would rate the quaility. And at times it has sales and ect.

killbill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey both of those guitars are good. I have a Fender stratacoaster(sp) and I actually have a cousin that has a acoustic Ibanez he says its awesome.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
My sons have a Washburn Acoustic...and it sounds great. They also have a Washburn Electric...and it seems to be pretty good...comes with great lesson CD and free membership to www.rockhousemethod.com

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out www.harmonycentral.com for reviews of nearly every guitar made.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend trying various models out at a store before purchasing anything online, just to make sure it will feel right.

Musicians Friend is a good site. If you get a guitar from them, you might want to buy a case too and have it shipped inside. I bought a Fat Strat from them, and during shipping a staple in the box poked through and scratched the body.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say save your money and get a Mexican Fender Strat. As long as the wood is good, you can modify it later to be a really kick ass guitar.

Cheaper guitars skimp on not only electronics, but use sh*t for wood (agathis, etc). At least with a nice, solid piece of wood you can change electronics out.

Reaction score
The best acoustic guitar out there in my opinion is the Ovation and I'm really really digging the sleekness of the Paul Reed Smith electric...

But if you're looking to get started on the guitar, don't go for like a flying V or something crazy looking. Strats and Epiphones are great brands to get started with.

Also check out Martin Acoustics and see what you think...Overall, you have to go to the guitar shop and browse and play around with different guitars.

Also note that I'm also quoting the actual Dimebag Darrell when he said the best guitars are found in pawn shops!

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a Taylor Acoustic guitar and I LOVE it. It was a bit pricey (around $1000, which is actual cheap for a Taylor) but it sounds like a dream. The only acoustic that sounded better was an incredibly expensive Martin.

strams4ever

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fender makes about 10 different Stratocaster models, ranging from $100-$2,000. If I were you I would forget about the Squier models, a Fender Standard Strat is great for $370. Just so you know, you probably wont be playing any sort of metal with your strat... it has more a twangy sound.

Washburn makes great acoustics but their electrics are pretty Iffy. I just bought a Washburn D10S for my younger brother. It is an absolute killer acoustic for $199. There arnt many guitars that have a Solid top and that quality for anywhere near that price.

I totaly agree with the guy who quoted Dime. The best guitar you will ever find are indeed in pawnshops. I'm assuming since your just starting out that you don't know alot about guitars and guitar prices, I wouldnt recomend a pawnshop unless you bring a smart friend or read up guitars.

Good day. :)