Grown out of these friends?

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey folks,

It's been a while since I posted so I thought it was time since an occasion has risen. Let me give you a little background information to start.

I'm usually known for being talkative (people think something is wrong if my mouth is shut), repeatidly cracking situational jokes (people tend to laugh at them often and hard so I believe I'm not being too obnoxious), laughing hard, and just having a good time.

Lately it seems I'm starting to approach music more seriously along with other hobbies/interests (many that were suppressed in a small close-minded town of 24/7 drinking and hunting), and I think it's changing me or giving me that illusion. I'm starting to become calmer, talk less, and being just a bit more serious (not too serious though :up:). In the end I just don't feel like being the constant jokester who always has something to say.

But it seems my friends arn't taking to it too well. They're acting almost ****ish to me, sort of like I'm just a last resort pick-up friend now. For instance they'll call me up for a game of racquetball and never ask me to play in a match (almost like I'm there just incase a guy or two doesn't show up). I'll go there and work out for a while while they play a game or two, thinking naturally I'd be ask to play a game like I would in the past, but they just ignore me and set up matches before the current match is even over not giving me the chance to play.

You can skip the following paragraph, it's a little difficult to read and may sound a little *****y or like I'm digging for problems. But if you're interested go ahead.

One more situation for the hell of it, we went out of pizza one night after they invited me. I go to the parlor with a buddy (he gets ripped on big time by us, I do it for fun and try to keep it playful, while the others do it because they seem to hate him and just use him) and we wait for the guys to show up. They finally do. Invited to a pizza parlor you'd think you'd get a pizza and split the price and all eat. But when the waitress comes they order a pizza and the waitress asks me if I'm going to order anything. To which I reply no because I'll just split the tab up and eat pizza. The guys look at me odd, so I ask them "arn't we all going to eat pizza and split the price", I get some smart ass remarks and then I'm told it wasn't the plan. But in the end I gave them some money and tried to get away from them as soon as possible without looking weird.

Not to mention they'll go out and do other activities and I'll tell them to give me a call because I might be interested and lately they never call me but I sure hear their stories the next day.

It's hard to explain, but I just feel like I'm becomming a social leper to them. Doesn't really matter to me, it's I'd just like to find out if the problems them or myself.

I'm thinking maybe it's time to find new friends (or hang out more with the friends I have that arn't such ****s to everyone that's not in our social circle). Maybe they were just friends with me because I fitted some role I'm not fulfilling dutifly any more. I'm going to get a band going finally, perhaps it will bring some new cool people into my life.

Exo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel ya man, before "graduation" I used to be the class clown/'karate kid' ( I do judo and a lot of grapling + ground work so people think it's weird). I chilled down and noone seems to want to hang with me either. Figures though half the time they only took me with em when things might get rough.

**** em, and get some new friends!

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey i know what you talkign about man. But high school is ending in 5 weeks for me so im just hanging in there till then. After that things will be different!

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every day the heirarchy seems to become worse with these guys...

After this incident they seemed to get better but now their pulling the same old bull****. The one older guy, "Jack", who get's his preverbial **** sucked by everyone in the group seems to have control over what everyone else does.

One of my friend calls another buddy:

"Hey Kyle, what you doing today"
"I don't know yet, how about you"
"I'm going up to my cabin, want to come along"
"Not yet, I wanna talk to Jack first and see what he's doing"

1. If anyone makes a suggestion to do anything, unless "Jack" approves it no one wants to do it.

2. If Jack makes a suggestion, automatically everyone in the group wants to do what Jack wants to.

For instance I wanted to go on a road trip, and one of my closest friends in the group was hesitant to go unless "Jack" and his closest buddy went. On the phone when he was asking if they wanted to go, he begged them for about 5 minutes to come along (I thought to myself, "what a tool"). In the end they didn't, just my friend and I went.

I just don't understand how no one can have their own mind/free will in my social group. Maybe they're still stuck in the self-concious mindset or that they have to be seen with certain people to have a good time (or in their mind look cool, because he is indeed a grade ahead of us which may be a factor).

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I graduate in five weeks as well, and it seems my circle of friends, the ones that aren't seniors, seems to be distancing themselves from me. I hang out with the friends that wanna hang out with me, and i only got about a month left anyways till I am outa here. So it doesn't really matter if you are a senior. In fact, it might help with getting closure, although I would rather leave with all my friends as close to me as they used to be.

42-Colrath

Don Juan
Reaction score
man im glad im not the only one. I also have a friend named Jack in my 8 person social hierarchy circle. He's sp freakin gay. Me and my friend Joe decided to rebel from the group a month ago and things have been so much more awesome since. We've met so many new people and alotta girls. I couldnt hang in because im only a junior so this had to be done. But everything you guys say is def something i can relate to

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to get my friend to quit being such a chicken **** around these guys, like when I told him to quit sucking their **** to get them to hang out with you he'd reply, "well how else am I supposed to get them to do something".

If they don't want to hang out, then move on and find someone else.

I'm trying to hang out with kids in other social groups, but it seems hard to find something in common with them. Where as this current social group I share a strong tie with humor/goofing off.

Mr. Ballz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt ur pain. when i started my dj awakening thing i realised i had no friends. i hung out with no one and wondered why i was always bored. i changed my personality but still had to find people who would accept that i changed. I was far more social then ever before, but it was still hard for people to accept me.

eventually i kept pushing myself in this one group that seemed cool. It seemed as if no attachment would come out of it until i became good friends with this one guy in the group. after we hung out a few times the rest slowly started accepting my presence as well. now im good friends with most of them and im starting to realize that even though they can be good friends, there are better ones for my self improvement. Cant wait until im out of HS so i can go start over again!