Got a number from a girl in class.... movie good idea?

Popeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea last week (Wed) I walked into the lecture a little bit late so it was pretty packed and as I was looking for a place to sit I noticed a girl looking in my direction (I'd say HB7, nothing particularly stricking imo, nice face, normal body, but im more into girls with big asses, but whatever). Anyways I just sat next to her and asked her if the prof had said anything yet, and from there we went into a good convo that ranged from school related topics, what she does, where we're from and just random comments making fun of the prof and the like and joking around. I'm pretty sure her IL was high as she'd start up the convo again if it dropped, and later on I noticed she started putting on lipgloss during class (IOI?). So anyways as we were leaving she goes nice to meet you, asks for my name, I tell her, she tells me hers and then I go "let me get your number, we should chill sometime" I then get the number. Overall she was really smily throughout the whole thing.

Now heres the thing... the only thing I can say I really have going for me is some girls seem to be attracted to me physically, but my personality is pretty dry, I'm the kind of guy who can hold a conversation, only because I know how to ask open ended questions and continue it going from asking related questions and the like, but I don't really consider myself funny or a fun guy... and I really don't know how to flirt with girls... the problem is this I can tell this girl is really the opposite of that, fun, outspoken loud etc. In class I had the option of not talking for a little bit to pay attention to the prof, but on a date what am I gonna do? So how do I go about laying this chick without messing up. What should I say when I call her and would going to a movie be a good idea? How would I get her from the movie to my room in this case?

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Movies are usually not the greatest first dates since the focus in the movie and not on eachother and if your chemistry isnt already really hight its hard to build it during a movie unless shes REALLY into you. Better dates are miniature golf, museums, pool halls, dancing,

specialed

Don Juan
Reaction score
or find out if something is going on at your school. i know the ones here have comedy people come in, or w/e

Popeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea its basically exam week in my school and I should have called her this week, but I'm pretty sure she won't be able to do anything this coming week because I remember her telling me she plans on getting serious that week. So would calling her today (Sunday) and asking her to come over to my place to watch a movie on the computer in my room be a good idea?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best first date I had been on & I highly recommend for you;

~Picked her up
~Cruised top down for 30 miles to a water park
~Played mini-golf
~Took her to the mall nearby to see what she likes
~Went back to her place to watch a movie and make out!

Man that was fun but it was too much(too fast) for her,considering I met her like a day or two earlier at my job.

Dude if she really focused on her studying she still has to eat. Just call her up and after talking for a little;

bw;"Hey are you hungry?"
hb;"Yeah/A little"
bw;"Alright then pretty lady,get up off your lazy butt and come get some food with me."

Nasman

Banned
Reaction score
Listen dude u sound very inexperienced and young, I wouldn't be suprised if ur a virgin. U don't need to take her to the movies. The best thing to do with younger girls is drink with them, this opens them up and will help you with your conversation skills. U sound very timid. Be confident, be a man.

Popeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
movies are horrible date ideas, i mean seriously, when you go to movies with anyone(guy friends whatever) what do you do all movie? you might not even look at each other the whole thing.
Yea but what about a movie in my room? Or is that too forward for the first meeting?

Wolves

Don Juan
Reaction score
Popeyes said:
Yea but what about a movie in my room? Or is that too forward for the first meeting?
If u can get her onboard go for it.

Really tho for a very first meeting i'd go for coffee or drinks somewhere first just to see if she's actually cool before spendin cash on anything big. Nothin worse than spendin a ****load of cash on a big first date only to have a girl turn out to be a boring *****.

I say take her for coffee or something and then from there if she's worth continuing with go for something fun. Mini golf and bowling are decent, kinda cliche tho; rock climbing is the **** haha.

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to Wolves, he has the right ideas.

I would reccomend a quick StarBucks mini date, no more then 1 hour.

If that goes well, then take her to a bar, or anywhere you can drink. Basica idea is to get her to loosen up. After that, if you want, you can take her to a movie, though I don't think that's the best idea, something semi-active would be better.

Good Luck,

-E.Nigma

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Don't think you are boring or not fun. Our personalities are often hidden behind conversation skills. If we don't know how to talk, get into something, then how can anyone know what makes us tick? Work on your convo, but don't get overwhelmed by all the advice. First thing is to get over any anxiety. To that end, notice when you are around people you talk with naturally, friends, family, etc. That proves that you can talk. Also, search around here, and find just one or two things to work in with regards to convo for now. Open ended questions are good. Find the next thing.
2) What's important with this woman is not really the woman, but practicing your skills. She counts, but as long as you are decent towards her, don't worry. For an activity, I'd ask what I'd like to do with a girl.. besides make out. You'll wanna have relationships, and activities are an important part of that. Make a list of things you'd do with a group of friends, like sports, outdoors, dance, see something in the city, etc. Pick a couple of those, and talk about it with her. The key here isn't to make her happy. The key is to be sure you are doing something that makes you happy, and let her pick from that. That's not selfish. If you are not happy, then the date just does not work.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thomas good advice to him mate, just use paragraphs next time. Hard to follow when its all bunched.