Going to Russia

Reaction score
hey all,

In July I will be going to Moscow To teach english. My contract should be for about 8 months give or take. Does anyone have any experience with Russian women, moscow nightlife, or russian culture in general? I want to know waht Russian womens attitudes are to foreign men, and how they like to be approached etc.

any help would be great!

Asteconn

Don Juan
Reaction score
MyBloodyValentine said:
hey all,

In July I will be going to Moscow To teach english. My contract should be for about 8 months give or take. Does anyone have any experience with Russian women, moscow nightlife, or russian culture in general? I want to know waht Russian womens attitudes are to foreign men, and how they like to be approached etc.

any help would be great!
In Soviet Russia, women don juan you!

stoneblaze

Reaction score
i have never been to russia, but i have had relations with two russian girls that came to america last summer.

these girls from russia were mad fun, they love to have a blast. drinking, dancing and having sex. they told me that russian women and more laid back and carefree, than american women, the clubs in russia and mostly techno kinda of club they have hip hop and reggae, since your going to the capital you prolly have a great time.

KRUT

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am from Russia. In my experience Russian girls are more genuine, less likely to f*** with your mind, more approachable. Very few young girls in Russia are overweight most are in great shape.
Being an American is a big plus because some women who are poor might hope that you will like each other and you will marry her and take her to America.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't been to Russia but I know people that have so the best advice I can give you is to quickly make good Russian friends that will watch your back at all times. I am not trying to scare you but as a gullible tourist you are probably going to stick out like a sore thumb and there are plenty of con artists not to mention corrupt police and dangers if you don't understand the language and know where you are going.

As for Russian women, if they sense weakness they will sniff you out and walk all over you plus they are known to be quite the goldiggers.

Daniel1099

Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW i love how all these guys HAVENT been to russian and DONT speak russian.

I am fluent in russian.

my parents came when my older bro was 1.

i was born here...but my parents made me speak. etc. etc.

i visited my homeland 3 times. Twice when i was 12. and this last year when i was 17.

When i was their i picked up some things about the general people when your walking around or crossing the street...

People dont give a fuk!.

You walk onto a buss and everybody is just "rude" and wont move for you. basically people dont know common etiquette...

and its not because their mean people. just assertive. and more arrogant one may say....

the style of clothing is relatively the same...of course it has the European touch...

jeans, dress shoes, and dress shirt, and leather jacket is common wear for men.

girls are in ripped jeans, leather boots. etc. etc.

gq.com...you will stand out if you follow some of their stuff.

i whent to some sort of parade/outdoor concert deal.

and A LOT of people where roller skating haha...it was funny, and something im not used to.

i would learn some common russian words, because not everyone knows good english. and you will stick out like none-other...

my mom said i did...but im a very Americanized russian...

the food is descent. not the same quality as in America.

you will find sbarros, mcdonalds, etc.

to be honest i didnt see one girl that was worth approaching when i was their...

they were all fugly...

so good luck bro.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Living in Moscow eh?

Make sure you got money in the bank... lots of money. Very expensive city.

East European girls love to party, and have fun. Very carefree.

And they really like macho men. I'm talking big muscles, and fat wallets. Its not unusal for Russian men to flaunt and spend stupid amounts of cash in the bars in competition with each other over who is more affluent. Most girls play the role of a trophy- a prize for the winner.

I'm also very interested in teaching english in foreign countries. Could you advise me on how you went about getting a contract to teach there? How much will they be paying you?

Peace

Reaction score
hey guys! thanks for all the replies. Plans just got changed last second so I'm actually going to St Petersburg now, but i guess thats typical with the Russian Bureaucracy! Anyhow, as far as being a "manly" club going type of guy, thats not really my scene at all. I guess you could say i'm part of a more alternative scene and I don't really exercise outside of playing sports, so I'm out of shape by any means but not buff (but i also dont give a **** :D) nor am I rich. But I am sure I will be alright. I'm actually studying Russian at the university there and will be teaching other russian students the english language, so I can probably meet some people and go from there.

On another note, I recently went to www.couchsurfing.com and posted an add there about me coming and if anyone wanted to meet up with me and show me the city. I've already had 8 chicks tell me they want to meet up with me! this trip looks like its going to be pretty good!

ArMo

Banned
Reaction score
dont listen to any of these geeks talking **** on russian girls. russian girls are more fun, more open, and way HOTTER than any of these american women.
most girls over there look like models. the night life is crazy. if you know people there it be a little easier to go around town, but if you don't, no worries.