go in for kiss, she backs away. what to say?

k man

Don Juan
Reaction score
even the best of us will sometimes misread a girl and go in for the kiss, only to get a cheek or have her back away. in this embarrassing situation, how do you play it off to save face?

topdog3853

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo K

I've had that happen more than once. Actually it really doesn't bother me that much unless your friends catch you trying it [In a public place/club, etc]. Then they never stop antagonizing you. :)
If it is in a public place or something I just shrug it off and continue to have a good time etc. Act like nothing happened. If you are one on one and try it and she backs away, the big key to try and not feel embarrassed. You showed your manly balls by making an advance on her and showing your feelings. You proved to her that you don't want to be in the friends zone with her and now she knows it.
Don't be ashamed of it, maybe she just isn't ready yet, or maybe its a test.

Usually if I really feel that she wants me to kiss her but then she backs down, I usually go for it again a little later on. A lot of times they will break down the second time. It may almost be a defense mechanism on their part.

Nickster

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had it happen, and I've just smiled big and said "you're difficult aren't you." Just don't make it seem like it bothered you - rather imply that she is playing hard to get (which she may be).

Last edited:

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I would say something like: "You're missing out. Last time I try to do you a favor"

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Say

"yea you're rite you should have some mints first"

Nickster

Don Juan
Reaction score
DO NOT insult her just because she won't kiss you as the last two posters suggested. Some women are a little guarded at first. In fact, I've found that many of those who wouldn't let me kiss them initially turned out to be the wildest later on. ;)

The main thing is not to make a big deal out of it and make it an awkward situation. You now decide that either she will kiss you soon or you will quickly move on to the many other women that will want to be affectionate with you. Physical rejection is not that big of thing if you look at it that way.

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was joking i would never say that

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
say..sorry..theres a crink in my neck and it makes me lean forward..i should get that checked out LOL

Reaction score
take her chin in my two fingers and turn her head back around and look her in the eyes and say what's wrong with you. I though we had a good vibe going. You not feelin it or what.

Then go in for the kiss again this time holding her face in my hands.

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
take her chin in my two fingers and turn her head back around and look her in the eyes and say what's wrong with you.

Implying something is wrong with her is going to make her even more apprehensive and she'll pull away!!!

I though we had a good vibe going. You not feelin it or what.[/
If you leave out the "You not feeling or what?" this might be okay. If you ask her why she isn't feeling it she's going to give you all the reasons why it isn't working and those are the last thoughts you want running through her head right??
Inturn, they will only convince her that what she feels is true or start an argument because in her mind she doesn't have to justify herself!!

Then go in for the kiss again this time holding her face in my hands
lol... sure, put her head in a vise grip and then she won't be able to turn away.

Has this seriously worked for you player??

Elimidate

Reaction score
Elimidate

The few times I have been rebuffed yes it did or similiar actions and words did.

You gotta have the charisma to carry it off. I think like edge says some have some don't...

Umbra

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Player_Supreme, I think you're giving some seriously bad advice here. Your method is severely flawed because of the implications and obligations your words and gestures have. Only in cases where the girl is weakly resisting but badly wants to kiss will that work without any negative consequences.

And vonbock, the answer is no. Don't listen to everything Doc Love says.

Umbra

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Player_Supreme:

one mans meat is another mans poisen.
Not to give you too much sh*t man, but you must have come up with that one yourself. Think about it for a while. When's the last time my steak dinner was like cyanide to you and your hemlock potion was like tropical punch to me? It was a nice attempt at sounding wise, but think a few seconds before posting something that retarded to me again.

Poison is usually poison. And the advice you're giving is harmful, even to yourself. You just don't realize it.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vonbock
Doc love says if a girl ever refuses to kiss you then she is not interested. Is that true?
In some cases, yes. Doc Love's bottomlining is sometimes "out of line."

I've posted here before what I noticed about DL's philosophy and it's flaws. Let's be more specific; girl recoiling when you try to kiss her.

Come on man! If the girl hardly knows you, regardless how much she thinks you're cute, expect a tendency that she may recoil. DL says that it goes across the board. Regardless of the woman's culture, religion, etc. Do you really believe that culture, religion or upbringing has nothing to do with her interaction with you inspite of her initial attraction to you?

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I once had a girl refuse to kiss me cos she thought it was a bet.

This girl was totally into me.

Also it was a bet and i kissed her later that night

hahaha

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vonbock
Doc love says if a girl ever refuses to kiss you then she is not interested. Is that true?

Yes, it is. And like Doc says, she has to show that she likes you back.