Girlfriend is a headache!

SweetSassyMalasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just want get your opinion on something. How often should a guy talk to his girl a day? My girlfriend calls me like 3 times a day sometimes even 5. Plus she texts me in addition to the phone calling. I mean honestly I am not donald trump my life is not that exciting so there is only so much I can talk to her about everyday. Should just not pick up when she calls and call her once a day and that's it untill it breaks her own habit? I mean honestly even with a close friend there is only so much to talk about don't tell me that talking 3-5 times a days is normal. I think personally I would be fine just talking to her for 8-10 min a day over the phone on days we don't see each other.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally couldnt do the 8 to 10 min.

I normally do 45 min-1 hour on the days I dont see her.

but 5 times per day and text is wack.

i prefere 2 15-20 min convos.

tell her you cant talk to her that much..and it has to be cut back.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro my ex would call me 10 a day and would want to talk to me for an hour or more each time she called. I felt so trapped and when i would suggest that maybe we should get off because i had things i had to take care of she would say..."So you dont wanna talk to me??" "You dont have time for me ever" Meanwhile i would try and spend most of my time on her. This is not healthy and eventually you'll explode from her not gicing you space to breathe. Oh and BTW, if you try not picking up when she calls... You'll get an ear full when u do pick up and argue. Not worth it.

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What you have to do is change your phone number, and always call from your house. If you have to call from your cell.. then do so, but then change your number again, that way she won't be able to hound you like she is doing.

Or the next best alternative is to just ignore her completely and go PICK UP OTHER WOMEN (That is why you are on this board no? To get women?) :rolleyes:

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Twice during the week, and see her one night on the weekends. Retain the rest of your time for "me" time, and the other weekend night for either buddy time or more "me" time. I don't see how men go through their lives that way; constantly having to "answer" to someone , like that. I don't care if it was Eva Longoria. Once I had hit it (several times ;) ) and we were just like a regular couple, and I had to live w/her, and see her in the AM's when she's not "at her best" (and likewise w/me), once she started getting on my nerves like this, which she would because I'm a guy who needs TONS of "me" time and I never call a girl I'm talking to or "seeing", I would say, You know what? I'm leaving for awhile. I need some time. Some space. To think, reflect, whatever. And I bet you that the female, regardless of who she is or what she looks like, would be greatly concerned , let's say, the whole time the male is gone, wondering whether he's coming back to her or not, does he still love her, etc etc. Try cutting back on the phone contact would be my advice.

~Dino

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just moved 200 miles away from my girl.

We txt as we feel like it through the day. She will call me once maybe twice if she has access to a phone (she doesn't have a phone and uses my old prepaid phone to txt me, but I won't let her call me from it because its too expensive).

If we aren't exchanging information on the phone, I get off right away. Most of our phone convos are 3 minutes tops.

Why is it this way? Because thats the way I want it, and thats the way it has been from day one. You have to set the limits or you will end up with whatever they want to do and have to post on the internet *****ing about it.

sikpupy

Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on what makes you feel comfertable. If you all want to chat for 6 hours and both are happy with it, do it. If it bothers one or the other, need to make changes. try to gradually wheene her off the time so she does not get all offended.