Girlfriend insecurity

happyman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl today said that she gets it in her head sometimes that I might be texting and messaging other girls.

I've given her no reason to think that what so ever, always been totally honest and our relationship is great (and I havent been messaging other women)

She isnt being a ***** about it or anything like that, she just gets abit silent sometimes and she said that its been on her mind on and off for a while.

Things at her home arnt good for her atm either.

How do I reassure her? Or should I?

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're doing nothing wrong and shes insecure. It's not your fault, so in theory its her problem. But as human beings we all have insecurities so sit her down and ask whats up, since you've done nothing wrong you should be able to answer all her worries confidently and once you get up, draw a line under it. If it comes up again, then its an issue.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first I would ask are you 2 serious? if yes you already said no? then why you should prolong this talk? if she still feels insecure nothing you say will amke it go, and most here will say it good he have some insecurity that means she is a little afraid to lose you, and whatever others say ITS A GOOD THING, if hse is afraid to lose you she will not do things who will push her lucky on that, if you are doing nothing wrong then just drop it.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in exactly the same situation and it's very tiresome. We've been exclusive for a year but she still mentions regularly how she can't sleep because she thinks I'll dump her at any moment.
I admit that I've used dread game on her but only at the start and stopped doing it when I could see she was getting really upset.
I guess I should be flattered that she thinks I could still go out and get another chick but I just can't seem to prove to her that I'm only interested in her. Oh well, it may keep her on her toes but sometimes I get the feeling she's using this bullsht to one day use as an excuse to break up.
Aren't women great?.....

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's having these types of thoughts or questions... GOOD JOB!!

It means you're doing such a good job as a boyfriend that she's actually insecure about the job SHE'S doing as a girlfriend, to the point that she fears you may be looking elsewhere. It's all in her head, but it's a GOOD thing for you. Why? As long as a woman feels, on some level, that you COULD, in fact, go out and find other girls to flirt with, it will always keep her on her toes and make her continuously work to keep your affection.

So, would I reassure her? Heck no! You know how this works: the more you tell a girl you're NOT doing something, the more she thinks you're doing it. Me, I'd make a joke out of it:

Her: Are you messaging other women?
Me: Of course I am!
Her: You are??
Me: Absolutely! But hey, if it's making you jealous, I'll tell my Mom and my sisters to stop contacting me so much ;)

Or:

Her: Sometimes I think you might be text messaging other girls
Me: Really? Hmm, interesting... do you have a twin sister I don't know about? 'Cause if she's even half as good as you, I'm all for messaging that cutie ;)

Bottom line: don't take what she says seriously, and don't answer it seriously either. It's her issue, so don't even act like it's on your radar. Hope this helps!

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roll with the punches ... Neg her playfully about it and reassure her with your actions not your words.

B

BeDJ

Use insecurity and dread game sporadically.I t begins to lose effectiveness and she will begin firing back if you are doing it more than necessary. 90% of the time, the girl will win that shootout.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl is just one of your plates, then fine, let her think you're in contact with other women.

In a relationship though, it's just another complication and potential fight.

An easy way around this is that when you're home, just leave your phone on the table and when a message comes through, now and then ask her to grab it for you.