Girl who flaked on me was at a party I attended Saturday...handled it badly

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
we were going to an event together - got an unenthusiastic "yes" after eight hours, and I immediately smelled a rat.

she texted me Friday asking what the timeline of the event was because she "might have something else that night", and she assured me she'd get back to me later that night. she didn't. lo and behold, I attended a party on Saturday and there she was. didn't mention the event once, as I assumed it was a no. however, I figured I'd make sure - I gave her a hard time all night, and didn't let up.

was a total **** to her during beer pong, and we all ended up playing truth or dare later on - I intentionally gave her all of the really hard and embarrassing dares. later that night I ignored her and hooked up with another girl at the party, and practically in front of her (and yeah - I wanted her to see every last bit of it). a friend later told me that it was obvious I had a beef with her, and our interplay was painful to watch.

I feel like an idiot now, as I feel like a lot of my friends lost some respect for me that night. how should I have acted?

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm I duno maybe be a man instead of a butthurt 15 yr old girl trying to make her jealous in a game of truth or dare?

Bad look bro, bad look.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have NEVER assumed anything when she wouldn't make a clear date. Never except some gray-area potential meet-up. SHe never had any intention of going with you, women will NEVER tell you no. SO when you get ANYTHING accept a solid YES, than assume it's no and withdraw the offer.

Sorry, your behavior at the party was childish. Don't do that again. All you did was show her that what she did got to you, you surrendered your power. Never EVER give her any indication that anythign she does affects you.

MrMidnight

Reaction score
Yeah, the minute you starting trying to bust her balloon, you let the whole room know that you were being led around on a leash by your negative emotions.

Here is my question to you... what was seductive about any of that behavior? I think this is something you may be able to answer on your own.

Sorry you had a rough night bro, we all do stupid ****. Its how we learn. I would learn this lesson fast though, because acting like this really can repel a lot of people.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrMidnight said:
Yeah, the minute you starting trying to bust her balloon, you let the whole room know that you were being led around on a leash by your negative emotions.
good analogy

tbh i think he could of handled it worse , OP showed a lack of overall control over his emotions but at least he didn't attempt to reason with her which would have made him look desperate

I've been in situations like this in the past and although I've often made it clear I'm less than impressed with her actions its never really benefited me in anyway

chicks are fickle the sooner you accept that the faster you will progress with them

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bingo-Player said:
tbh i think he could of handled it worse , OP showed a lack of overall control over his emotions but at least he didn't attempt to reason with her which would have made him look desperate
lol. so are you saying that instead of looking like a desperate sniveling beta, I looked like an angry 15 year old girl throwing a tantrum? I guess option B is better than A...barely.

I'm so narcissistic, I think I felt entitled to give her a hard time. how does a recovering AFC get over himself?

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I would have just sorta pretended she didn't even exist & just had fun at the party. NC is the best way to deal with flakes.

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's put it simply, your as ass-wipe. Your also insecure. Have nice day.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once I read that she gave you an "unenthusiastic yes " I knew right away it was going to turn for the worst. YOU CANNOT LET SOME FLAKY DITZ GET THE BEST OF YOU. IF that happened to me, I would be like "I'm going to go there regardless, meet some cool people and have a good time, period." Be mature. You have to rise above the nonsense.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously you are young, so you handled it the way a young person would...with inexperience.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MascaraSnake said:
lol. so are you saying that instead of looking like a desperate sniveling beta, I looked like an angry 15 year old girl throwing a tantrum?
QUOTE]

to be honest in my opinion being perceived as a 15 yr old girl is better than being perceived as a beta lol