Girl wants me to call more often.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's this girl I've been seeing for about a month now. We go on about two dates a week and we'll talk on MSN/text each other every couple days inbetween. The thing is she wants more than this. She wants me to call her more now (beyond the just calling to small talk/set up dates).

I'm not too much for this for a couple of reasons:

A) Was in a LDR a while back where I spent about 1-4 hours a day on the phone with my girlfriend.
B) I'm a busy guy (two bands, radio show, school, and poker take up alot of my time)and don't have time to jib jab on the phone.
C) Why talk on a 2nd rate communication device when we can be in person together.

Is there any friendly way of letting her see my view? She hinted she is starting to feel like I'm only using her for a chance of having sex with her.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like everything's going fine. She could be trying to assert some power over you or trying to have a more intimate connection with you. However, you as a man should not care. Did your last ex care when she dumped you and talked about feelings and lovey dovey stuff? Nah, she didn't. And what about that other girl that put you in the friends zone? Yeah that's what I'm talking about...continue carrying about as normal, if she wants to up the ante that's her thing.

itishe said:
There's this girl I've been seeing for about a month now. We go on about two dates a week and we'll talk on MSN/text each other every couple days inbetween. The thing is she wants more than this. She wants me to call her more now (beyond the just calling to small talk/set up dates).

I'm not too much for this for a couple of reasons:

A) Was in a LDR a while back where I spent about 1-4 hours a day on the phone with my girlfriend.
B) I'm a busy guy (two bands, radio show, school, and poker take up alot of my time)and don't have time to jib jab on the phone.
C) Why talk on a 2nd rate communication device when we can be in person together.

Is there any friendly way of letting her see my view? She hinted she is starting to feel like I'm only using her for a chance of having sex with her.

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
do the opposite and be a man..show her the way by beign an total jerk

jaymo

Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Make her a deal. You'll call her more often if she'll take it up her dirtchute more often.
Or that she'll give you her P U S S Y twice a day (evening and morning) for every time you call her and it lasts more than 30 seconds. You might even give her a "discount" and limit it to once per day if she'll make breakfast for ya the next day and serve it to you in bed while TOPLESS. :D

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, you're starting to get to a point where the "Don Juan" crap isn't going to do you any good. Games aren't going to do you any good.

The best advice you could get at this point, is from this point forward, just be yourself, but also be willing to comprimise a bit.

Tell her that you don't like talking on the phone and don't want to do it all the time, but you can see about calling her once in a while.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I got to this stage with my current gf, I told her to switch to the same mobile phone company as me so I could call her for free at night (with a 20-minute time limit). When she did, it showed a bit of compromise on her behalf.

I liked going for a run at night, so I would put the earphones on and talk to her while I ran. She got her phone call each night and I did something I wanted to at the same time... win-win.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I could call her more often. Seeing how she's a virgin she probably wants to make sure I'll stay with her for a while and not just bang her then fly the coop.

This broad better keep the conversations going though. I've noticed this is the only chick I've talked with that let a convo die, "sooo ummm". Never have I ran into a chick that didn't want to gab, especially the ones that liked me.

Sadao

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ragnar Danneskjöld said:
That was rude. I'm just trying to help you. Everyone knows that to get a girl these days you have to be sensitive to their feelings. Just look at how women flock to gay men. It's just the way it is.
Leave this site. Now, and for forever.

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ragnar, you obviously have no idea what youre talking about. Women flock to gay men because they are like girls and they are no challenge.

I would say that you should suggest spending more time with her instead of calling her more. But, if she insists, I would suggest a compromise.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Technically, gay guys are a huge challenge. This is why women want to be the one that makes them switch teams.

But aside from that, if you act like a gay man (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay imo) you will get treated like a girl. Which is what AFCs do, they act like girls, and get treated like girls. Girls are usually attracted to men, not girls.

I've noticed there's a huge disconnect here. You're either a total ****ing ******* who doesn't care about a woman's feelings at all and only concentrates on getting laid, then moving on to the next conquest, or you're a total AFC ***** who becomes an emotional tampon and gives away all his power to women.

Neither of those things appeal to me. Women like a challenge. But they also like to think they actually matter to the guy they're with. The key is to let them know you care, but always keep them wondering how much, thus keeping the challenge going. But if you're deliberately doing it on purpose, you're a phony. Which is fine. I'm in the semi-phony stage myself. But at some point you just have to live your life and not give a **** what people think either way.

This is a great sight but so much of it is "if I do this then she'll do that and then I'll do this" and it's all total BS.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not being a phony, I honestly just don't feel like calling her. I'm not doing it to be a challenge or any of that ****. When you dated a chick that leaves and goes thousands of miles away leading for you to have countless hours spent on the phone, you don't seem to see the point of using the phone when the girl can see you within half hour of calling her.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
I've noticed there's a huge disconnect here. You're either a total ****ing ******* who doesn't care about a woman's feelings at all and only concentrates on getting laid, then moving on to the next conquest, or you're a total AFC ***** who becomes an emotional tampon and gives away all his power to women.
You've noticed wrong then.

TillTheEndOfTime said:
If she wants to talk to you more, she can call you. Women, they can be so stupid. :rolleyes:
But that's logical. What she really wants is his attention and a demonstration that he is into her by HIM doing the calling. It's proof to her.

Just call her for 5-10 minutes an extra day a week and ask how her day was to get her to shut up if you really think she cares that much one way or the other. Then say you've got things to do and be on your way because phone calls are boring and there's really nothing to say for that long of a period. If she complains then to hell with it because it'll only get worse if she's a whiner.

I'm horrible at the phone thing. I hate using it. But every girl i get complains that i don't call them. Every single one. Even the LTRs where i saw them nearly every day (god, they're needy.) Nevermind that i let them txt me and they do so liberally everyday. Something is magical about actually hearing my voice apparently. I really don't think there's anyway around it other than doing the bare minimum

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
itishe said:
I'm not being a phony, I honestly just don't feel like calling her. I'm not doing it to be a challenge or any of that ****. .
Then don't. The phone sucks. You can't see body language and you're FORCED to talk at all times rather than in person where it's okay to have some quiet reflection time in their presence rather than "hello? are you still there?"

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is needy so I'll call a couple days inbetween dates to let her know I'm thinking about her. That's all she gets though because there's no point in talking on the phone when I can see her.

Like others have said, why doesn't she just call me?

Reaction score
According to my buddy the phone is the BEST thing you can do. He will talk to a girl on the phone for hours on end, his approch is to get them talking and do something else while hes listening, and I have to admit its not a bad way to keep the relationship good because girls LOVE to talk about themselves and all you have to do is respond every once in a while with a "yea" or "oh really". And yes he is the kind of guy who has a new girlfriend every month. What I would recommend is to tell say to her "well theres nothing stopping you from calling me" get her to do the things that she wants from you.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CalmCoolAndConfident said:
According to my buddy the phone is the BEST thing you can do. He will talk to a girl on the phone for hours on end, his approch is to get them talking and do something else while hes listening, and I have to admit its not a bad way to keep the relationship good because girls LOVE to talk about themselves and all you have to do is respond every once in a while with a "yea" or "oh really". And yes he is the kind of guy who has a new girlfriend every month. What I would recommend is to tell say to her "well theres nothing stopping you from calling me" get her to do the things that she wants from you.
Bolded parts do not compute.