Girl says i seem very laid back.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is a good response to that? Hoenstly, im shy and i hide it well when im alone with a girl. This girl said i seem so laid back like nothin bothers me at all. This couldn't be further from the truth, im nervous as hell usually but i know how to hide it by being quiet, keeping my shoulders high and keeping eye contact so as to look confident.

I told her i wasn't that laid back, was that a dumb thing to tell her? I didnt want her to think i was perfect, so i thought it would be a good idea to tell her im a more of a worrier than she thought. Do girls like it when a guys laid back? She also told me i seemed like a partier kind of guy, which also couldn't be further from the truth. i'm almost amazed at how well this forum has helped me act like im the sh*t. I am the complete opposite of a partier. I was a shy nerd in high school and college. I don' thave alot of friends, just a few close ones. And i dont even like partying that much, i hate clubs too. A fun ngiht to me is goin to dinner with friends, maybe a bar to watch a game and throw back a few beers. Should i have kept that image in her head? I admitted to her that i wasnt a party guy. Was that a mistake? Should i have let her find out on her own? She's a low key intellectual kinda girl. She into low key stuff too, so i thought shed like to hear that but now i dunno.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be who you want to be.

If you feel natural and she thinks you are laid back then so be it. She doesn't need to know what is really going on in your head and trust me you don't want to know what is really going on in her head.

DJinTraining06 said:
I admitted to her that i wasnt a party guy. Was that a mistake? Should i have let her find out on her own? She's a low key intellectual kinda girl. She into low key stuff too, so i thought shed like to hear that but now i dunno.
In situation like this its best not to give her a stright serious answer but have fun with it. She is trying to feel you out and you need to remain a mystery rather then lay everything out like an open book.

Eg.

Her: You seem really laid back
You: Yeah I am, after I got hit by lightning when I was 5 years old, I am as calm as a Hindu cow.

Her: You seem like a party type of guy.
You: Only on tuesday's. The rest of the week I prefer to knit sweaters and feed ducks in a pond.

If you still feel insecure that you are not the guy you want to be yet, then work on it brother and fake it until you make it.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Be who you want to be.

If you feel natural and she thinks you are laid back then so be it. She doesn't need to know what is really going on in your head and trust me you don't want to know what is really going on in her head.

In situation like this its best not to give her a stright serious answer but have fun with it. She is trying to feel you out and you need to remain a mystery rather then lay everything out like an open book.

Eg.

Her: You seem really laid back
You: Yeah I am, after I got hit by lightning when I was 5 years old, I am as calm as a Hindu cow.

Her: You seem like a party type of guy.
You: Only on tuesday's. The rest of the week I prefer to knit sweaters and feed ducks in a pond.

If you still feel insecure that you are not the guy you want to be yet, then work on it brother and fake it until you make it.

Thanks for the advice, im gonna remember that about bein mysterious and having fun with it. I tend to tell a girl my life story when they probe with their 20 questions. I take them so seriously. This chick has me chasin after her playin hard to get and all, im gonna try and do the same and make her wonder bout me some more. Let her form her own opinions on me rather than explaing myself all the time.