Girl problem

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I feel like a loser reading this forum, I definitely appreciate the advice I've been given. Even if the advice doesn't help, just reading some stuff on here has really helped me become more social my senior year in high school and now into the summer. Anyways, there is this girl right now I'm kind of in a relationship with but I'm becoming less interested in as the summer goes on (this is irrelevant). I told her straight up that I want to hangout with other girls during the summer though (because I'm going to Michigan in the fall and she's going to California) and so I'm basically single.

I've been hanging out with a bunch of girls over the summer so far and there are definitely a handful I can say that seem to be into me and it's a real confidence booster. However, there is this one girl (who I've known since middle school and will be going to the same college as me next year) who I just don't get. I went to a dance club with her and a few friends a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time and she seemed to have enjoyed herself. I didn't get her phone number though and have had a few conversations with her in facebook since. This was a conversation I had with her a couple of days after we went to the dance club:

Me - "So are you planning on going to Necto again this weekend?"
Her - "hmm..i'm thinking no? lol. i dunno."

and then this is just a random conversation I had with her the other day on facebook:

Me - "Would it be better to talk to the person in charge of Kumon (work) before 3:30 or after 6:30, because last time I went during work hours and she was really busy. Also, we should hangout sometime this summer.

Her - "Yeah, you should go befroe 3:30 to talk to her cuz she's less busy then. Or you can call her. Her name is Mrs.Take****a by the way :) More Kumon buddies YES.

Aand what are you talking about, haven't we been hanging out this summer? Anyway give me a ring if you decide to organize something (I hear another night of super awesome sports calling). I'm going to be out of town next week though. Yup."

So after reading both of her responses I really felt embarassed for even contacting her. Both of her responses were really awkard and I feel like she's not into me at all. I mean I definitely acknowledge that some girls are way above my league and I don't have a chance with them, but I don't feel that with her at all. I just am dying for advice to attract her to me somehow because right now I feel like I've completely blown it with her by the way she shuts down my attempted conversations with her.

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No advice whatsoever? Even if you guys think my post is really stupid I'd still appreciate some advice.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if u havin girl problems, i feel bad for u son
i got 99 problems but a b1tch aint one

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doggystyle said:
yeah just quote rap songs all day!
iono if u were bein serious or sarcastic but its a good song to listen to haha

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it's not really helping me with my problem.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate. I've been up since 5.30, working since 7.30, and gym for 2 hours.

Give me cliff notes, i'm dead here.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
basically, dont put too much effort in trying to get this girl cus attraction is more chance than anything. u can improve your chances by talking to her and dressing nice and being funny and all that but if she doesnt like u for who u are, theres nothin u can do to change it

if u think youve blown it then try to move on. u can still talk to her n stuff but dont expect anything....

rowing_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this the random spam forum? I don't understand anything you've said.
Adpreston, she may have been previously interested. Chasing her like a madman only makes her run more. "Eep I'm losing her, I have to chase more or she'll get away!". No.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how could u not understand my advice? im basically tellin him straight up, quit putting the pu$$y on a pedastool

"I mean I definitely acknowledge that some girls are way above my league and I don't have a chance with them, but I don't feel that with her at all. I just am dying for advice to attract her to me somehow because right now I feel like I've completely blown it with her by the way she shuts down my attempted conversations with her."

why do u care wut one girl thinks? u cant MAKE someone like u so all i can say is be confident, be funny, and dress well

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry about that pal. I was wrecked.

Sometimes the best thing to do in a situation like that is to back off.
Having awkwardness sometimes arises from lack of social skills, and as such hanging around only anchors feelings of "omg, another silence" to you.
Anytime that happened to me, I'd split. I hate silences.

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, she's interested by the messages... She's down to chill. Try to either get her to come to Oz tonight, Necto on thursday, or you guys could just chill during the week.

Don't ever feel awkward about going for what you want in life. Go balls to the wall and don't think about your decisions. Focus on your experiences and not how you got to your experiences.

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely want to go to Necto again with her, but when I asked her if she plans on going back she said probably not.

itsawad

Reaction score
Ok here it goes, first off, she MAY or may NOT be interested. Sounds like she's just a confused girl. Don't worry too much about her. Don't be too readily available as it will chase HER away more. I'm willing to bet you if you treat her like your little sister, bust her balls a bit, and she'll come back to you. And if not, more on, it's not like you have ANY investment into it so far anyways. Think of it from this stand point, if you DON'T do something brash then you'll always wonder "what if". But if you DO something, then you can never wonder, only say "wow! that was fun!" or "whoops, won't do THAT again". To waste your time and energy on something that you have NO control over is silly and is the freudian definition of suffering.