Girl I am with wants constant attention

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have been dating this girl for about 2 months, and I have a problem with the relationship that I need some help with.

Basically, she CONSTANTLY texts me on the mobile phone. We live about an hour from each other, so only see each other once every week. So we text one another, but the problem is she expects me to text her literally every minute of the day! If I don't text back immediately (as I have plenty of things to do), she gets moody with me. How can I sort this out? I have tried telling her that I can't text constantly, but she doesn't seem to understand.

The thing is, she's 8 years younger than me, quite a hefty age gap I know.

Finlay

Don Juan
Reaction score
and this from a mater don juan,

you could either; switch you phone off whilst you are busy with the risk of her getting moody, or you could next her, after all she is eight years younger than you.

More to the point a Master Don being controlled by a chick eight years his junior???

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to redefine this.

Such that this is your world, and she lives in it.

You don't live in hers.

You should not have let it slip to this point, you have been acting chumpy somewhere along the relationship. It was YOUR fault that this situation has occurred. She is now CONDITIONING you to get attention when she wants.

Guys let this be an example for you::

lay down the ground work early in the relationship and get things right from the start.

That you don't play her games and that her princess attitude has no effect on you. This will save you the headaches further down should you decide to keep the girl.

Kaine

Albion4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop being afraid that you're going to lose her if you don't do what she says. Kaine is right, she is conditioning you, but only because her tests have shown her that you are conditionable.

Throw her for a loop and refuse to text her. Text her once and let her know that you are very busy all day and have no time to send a message. If she gets moody, let her ride it out, don't show that it bothers or even effects you in any way. She will soon learn that she can't just throw a tantrum every time she doesn't get her way. And if she does end it, that's better for you, you don't have to deal with , how did Kaine put it, a princess. Find yourself a woman who is on equal levels to you and you'll be much happier.

Isn't it freaking unreal how much women are just like children?

-Al

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaine

lay down the ground work early in the relationship and get things right from the start.

That you don't play her games and that her princess attitude has no effect on you. This will save you the headaches further down should you decide to keep the girl.

Kaine
as kaine ssaid, lay down the rules.

do your own sh!t, dont let her priorities overrun your OWN.
if she's not happy with the fact that you dont respond immediately, then tell her that you ARE busy somtimes and cant come to the phone every time.

JazzPimpNYC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lay it down, but have fun with it. This gives you multiple opportunities to bust on her in a fun way about how "desperately in love" she is with you, and how she can't get enough of you. Come on, bro. Get the point across while scoring some points of your own.

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a girl that used to always email me more than 2-3 times a day. Once a day is fine, but 2-3 (which aren't even replies) is a little excessive. She is probably used to constant contact but I wasn't, so before she became conditioned to it, I would respond slower and slower where I would respond to each one or two emails in just one day's worth of wait instead of an hour like I used to.

After awhile, she got the hint and would email me less and less but the attraction was still the same. Btw, don't do instant messaging - if you do make sure it is short. Trust me on this.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Finlay
... and this from a mater don juan. More to the point a Master Don being controlled by a chick eight years his junior???
Let´s create a new rule: "Master Djs shall not ask questions neither make mistakes because they´re masters!". :rolleyes:

Some of you get too attached to "status" here!