"girl-friends" as social proof--Good or bad?

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just reading an article that was talking about how it is important to surround yourself with women (preferably hot women) who are just your friends and who you don't want to have sex with. The article talked about how use can use these women as social proof when out in public and how it will make it easier to meet women and get laid...
I know this idea has been thrown around on this board here and there, and I'm thinking about giving it an honest try--Usually, if I'm hanging out with a hot girl, sex is usually on the back of my mind, but I'd really like to try and have close, hot girl-"friends" around me and see if my sucess with women actually increases.
HOWEVER, I've been thinking that this strategy could also backfire--if other girls see me with other attractive girls, but then find out I'm just their "friend," wont this make me look actually LESS desireable to other women? I mean, if another good-looking girl is just my "friend" might other girls question why she is not more serious about me and think that I just might not be good enought for them either? What do you guys think?

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No one has ANYTHING to say about this?

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ye I have many hot friends I go out with that I don't have sex with, mainly cause I've had sex with them before and we are just good friends now but ye it's good todo, it makes you look more attractive/wantable.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i do not understand people that dont want females for friends.

why limit yourself like that

but yes having female friends is awsome.

i have many female friends to thank for a interesting social life.

many do the hard work for me.

when you go to a club and you have a bunch of hot girls around you its nice becuase you know other woman are looking at you and wondering about you. this applies in all situations.

female friends are good to help you meet other woman, give you some perspectives you dont see, give opionions of other woman etc.

all i can say is that when my females friends started trying to find me a girl, just about all of them were really quality respectable girls that even if i wouldnt date, most of them i would be friends with.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am exactly the same way, Drix. Also, female friends have been good practicing grounds for some basic things like just talking to chicks and polishing up my convo skills and such.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wing at clubs every other weekend with the sister of my best friend. shes a hotty but really religious and wont do sh!t with anybody. shes great for introductions, ****block removal, etc.

get a hoe and train her. she'll be a great ass-et:D

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am always game for social proof with hot women. I have yet to meet a hot girl who I haven't spoken to if not just to develop some rapport.

The beauty of social proof is that it is unnecessary to even really be "friends" with the girl. You can just be talking to them and having a good conversation about any random topic. Me, I'll just go up to any girl I find attractive, introduce myself, and start chatting. If the girl is hot, then you have instant social proof with a total stranger. Just yesterday, I was at work and hanging around with one of the hot women there (I'd say there are about 5 hot women in my workplace that I hang out with, HB7 and above, who I will talk to at any time, and one holy grail HB10 that I won't be satisfied with anything less than making her my next girlfriend :D ).

Anyways, I was talking to probably the 2nd hottest girl in the office yesterday, and HB8, who I just met a few days ago, and we were just bantering for about 20 minutes. I probably said a total of 5 words to this girl prior to yesterday, and we were chatting away like we knew each other for years. The HB10, who I talk to also, walked by at least 4 times when she saw us chatting, and then 2 more of the HBs (one has a BF, so I'm not even going to go there) gathered around and literally butt in to the conversation. Some even tried to pull the others away, saying "don't bother him, he's studying", or whatever. It's amazing how just showing that you are comfortable enough to talk to any girl (preferably all hot ones if you can) will attract other girls to you. Anyways, I was in this room and after the HB8 left, the HB10 walked by again, and I motioned her over. I then proceeded to banter with her about all sorts of random stuff before we got interrupted again by those same HBs, this time trying to pull HER away, or interrupting our conversation.

If you're physically attractive, this helps even more because it will bring out the shy HBs who wanted to act but couldn't find the guts to do so, and give them a sense of urgency because they feel that if they don't act fast, they'll lose you to the other women around you.

So basically, social proof is gold. Better learn it because it is a major tool in any guy's arsenal, and if you don't have it, you're missing out.

GropeDope

Banned
Reaction score
Only do the just friends **** with an HB if you can handle it. I tried being just friends with a girl once who wasn't even that hot (HB 7.5 after make-up and pushup bra but generally just a 7) but I was slightly attracted to her cause she we would flirt all the time and chill a lot. I'm sorry but my d*ck just couldn't handle having p()ssy within such close range all the time, so frequently next to you without being able to do anything with it. It's like there's someone right there available to bang but some 7 letter word is preventing it and you're trying to keep it that way. Like Chris Rock said, "Men don't have platonic friends, they've just got hoes they haven't ****ed yet." To try and solve my problem, I tried to become friends with a female I wasn't attracted to, but the problem with that was I didn't even want other people to see me with her thinking we were hooking up. Bottom line is that being just friends with a female just ain't for me.