Girl at Work is testing me

zipperhead409

Reaction score
So I met this girl at work who at the beginning was totally into me.

I work in a retail store (Macy's) and she used to always find excuses to come over and talk to me. She likes a lot of the same things that I do (LOTR, Star Wars, psychology of serial killers, and other nerdy stuff).

About two weeks ago, I went on a little twenty minute break with her and gave her a free movie ticket I had. My intention was to ask her out on a date but I told her I was giving it to her because they were two movies I didn't really want to see (memoirs of a geisha and fun with **** and jane).

She kept talking about how good geisha was going to be but I sort of just gave her a "meh" response because I didn't want to seem too needy, so then she started to talk about how good Fun with **** and Jane was going to be, which I thought was a signal for me to ask her out.

I asked her if she wanted to see it together (exact words, maybe I should have worded it differently) and she said sure.

But it's been two weeks now I haven't even been able to have a conversation with her until today.

I just hadn't found the right oppurtunity. Everytime I see her I'm with my friends coming back from lunch or something.

I sort of just said "hey" whenever I saw her.

She kept asking me to get her a christmas present but I didn't want to get her anything, not because i'm cheap but because that's one of Anti Dump's rules.

She asked me the other day (after me asking her out) what I was going to get her.

I answered with "Uh, I ain't getting you nothing" and laughed. She gave me a "I can't believe you just said that" kind of gasp and one of her friends and someone I was walking with responded the same way.

Was this handled the right way?

I asked her today if she still wanted to see it and she told me to go to myspace and find her info (she knows I have it too, i don't have any friends on it though because it was actually going to be used for a writing group that never worked out).

Maybe I could get some names so I won't seem like a complete loser?

Now I really don't know what to do. I know she's at least still a little interested in me but I want to progress into something more with her.

Please help.

Other info that might help:

I can't drive and I dont know how to break this to her. (i have a suspended license because of a DUI)

She's a 6.5 (a little chunky but very cute)

When I talk to her sometimes I notice that her pupils will start to enlarge in the middle of our convo's, something I heard is a sign of attracton.

I thought the Lord of the Rings movies were a little boring but I play it off like I kind of like it too.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She isn't testing you.. she doesn't like you.. slight difference.

To test reffers to giving, giving away, and juding the reaction. for example, me going on a date with a girl, her not calling me for a week to see how i will react.

Needless to say, this isn't a test.. just a girl having a little fun and bosting her ego.

At least you work at Macy's.

cffrmw

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't try and read so much into everything, just take her on a date, kiss her at the end. if she doesn't want to go on a date, find someone else.