Girl asks you to go to ballet.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If ur in a new relationship (very new) and the girl asks u if youd go to the ballet with her cuz her friend cancelled, would u go with her? I agreed after giving her a hard time for a few mins. (playign around kind of hard time) She actually has done ballet all her life she says, so its obviously somethin she loves and i may have to go to again in the future. I hope she doesnt think ill do it regularly,lol.
If she goes to some baseball games with me, id make the sacrifice. Nothing wrong with that right? Ballet is so freaking horrid lol.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
If ur in a new relationship (very new) and the girl asks u if youd go to the ballet with her cuz her friend cancelled, would u go with her? I agreed after giving her a hard time for a few mins. (playign around kind of hard time) She actually has done ballet all her life she says, so its obviously somethin she loves and i may have to go to again in the future. I hope she doesnt think ill do it regularly,lol.
If she goes to some baseball games with me, id make the sacrifice. Nothing wrong with that right? Ballet is so freaking horrid lol.
you say no I'm busy. you are not her friend. or a replacement for her friend. then you take her out someplace else on your own terms

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find nothing wrong with it as long as you like ballet...
I guess you don't, so don't go.

Good job on picking up a dancer though. I love girls who do ballet.
Their so... ...uh... ...toned. Yah, that sounds about right. ;)

cefiro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her you will go as long as you can get a quicky in the bathroom during intermission (j/k)

In all seriousness, if you can sit through it then go for it. I hate ballet, and I cant even sit through a couple mins of it.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd take a bit of a middle road. I'd tell her that I personally don't like ballet and she should try and get one of her friends to go. And if she absolutely positively gets stuck then I'll go with her so she doesn't have to go alone. Its seems a bit cold just to leave her stranded to me.

This is of course assuming an exclusive relationship which I think this is...

Last edited:

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
DJinTraining, yes ballet dance is mainly girl thing. However, the good side of DJs or DJ to be's attending or participating in such an activity has a lot of benefits to offer. First of all, since many men consider the activity "girly" and refused to attend, there is a higher female to male ratio at such events. You could probably be the only guy at at ballet.... then guess what? You'd have the opportunity to dance with all the chicks there and get to practice on your game while doing so. You'd probably find a girl there that would be more fun to be around with than your current one.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GO! Think about all those Sexxy Dancers prancing around for your entertainment!

Don't GO! Just because she wants you to.

Personally I would go just to get the dancers numbers, ask her to introduce you to them. That would put you in a great comp. spot and let her know you are not going to be a friend... IF she don't like it who cares you still have all those dancers...

I think this post makes me want to go to a damn ballet.

Dance Girls!!! mmmm mmmm mmmm....:woo:

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I happened to be in a similar situations a few months back.

Was keeping it semi-exclusive with this chick, who had been a dancer all her life. Was rattling off stuff about how i'd only watch that crap to check out the ladies, and she kinda pulled my bluff and asked me to go (The NZ Ballet thingy was in our city).

Well, yeah. I got action at the end of the night, so I guess it could be notched up as a plus. But I wish I had of said no. It was horribly boring.

I personally don't think there is much wrong with accepting an invitiation. If you want to go, then go. But treat it like anything else, if it ain't your cup of tea, then say no, and think of an alternative. Like destruction derby, she will love that :up:

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the way she asked me was this outta the blue one night

"Your not by any chance a secret diehard ballet fan are you?" I said lol no not especially. and she was like oh cuz my friend cancelled on me. So i was like i'll go with ya if u cant find anybody, Ive never been might as well go at least once in my life. she was like "r u sure? do u kno whwat ur gettin urself into here?"

That was my out, but i decided to be nice and say id go anyway. if she asks me a 2nd time im saying no. But 1 time cant hurt, this chick digs me. as long as i keep playing aloof with her by not callin to much or seeing her too much, and then when i do see her act like the best guy ever, i think im in good shape right? i think i may luck out tho cuz i got met playoff tix for oct 5th which i believe is the same night as her ballet, so i have a reaosn totell her i cant go now.

asif

Reaction score
My X would ask me to go to stuff I normally would not do. Know what? Some of it was OK. I went, not for her, but because it was new and different. New and different is good.