Gipper Tip #78 - DJ Phone Etiquette

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While eating lunch today, I was thinking about my recent good fortune with the ladies and trying to remember the things I did correctly, so that I can continue succeeding.

To that end, I'm going to begin a series of "Gipper Tips" that are quick, easy to digest pieces of info that you can browse thru and hopefully use in your DJ toolbox.

To kick things off:

Gipper Tip # 78 - Limit your phone conversations with a woman to 15 minutes or less.

Less is more, so they say. This not only makes you appear very busy and active, you still have plenty to talk about when you see her face-to-face.

Gipper

------------------
"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know you're money, and that you want to party.
-Trent, from "Swingers"

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gipper:
While eating lunch today, I was thinking about my recent good fortune with the ladies and trying to remember the things I did correctly, so that I can continue succeeding.

To that end, I'm going to begin a series of "Gipper Tips" that are quick, easy to digest pieces of info that you can browse thru and hopefully use in your DJ toolbox.

To kick things off:

Gipper Tip # 78 - Limit your phone conversations with a woman to 15 minutes or less.

Less is more, so they say. This not only makes you appear very busy and active, you still have plenty to talk about when you see her face-to-face.

Gipper

Very well said Gipper!

I look forward to your upcoming tips.

Btw. What happened to tips #1-77 ? Just kidding.

Keep em coming.

Take care,

Legend

------------------
"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."... Ben Hogan

"The key to happiness in your life is "Your Life",... Don the Legend

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Don. This should be fun. My own limited attention span should keep these tips short, sweet, and to the point.

Gipper

AbsoluteFreakinChump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No disrespect meant, but do you have any tips that we haven't read several times on this site before? Do you have any NEW insights for us? Don't get me wrong, I think it's good to remind ourselves of basic techniques, but what you said, has been said on this sight several times before. It seems as though you are implying that you came-up with that idea yourself. However, it's not a "Gipper Origional" I appreciate the effort though. No hard feelings I hope! That's not to say that I ever say much origional! So how bout some gold nuggets of origional wisdom from "The Gipper"? We'll be sitting at your feet, waiting for your wisdom!

[This message has been edited by AbsoluteFreakinChump (edited 11-16-2001).]

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AbsoluteFreakinChump:
No disrespect meant, but do you have any tips that we haven't read several times on this site before? Do you have any NEW insights for us? Don't get me wrong, I think it's good to remind ourselves of basic techniques, but what you said, has been said on this sight several times before. It seems as though you are implying that you came-up with that idea yourself. However, it's not a "Gipper Origional" I appreciate the effort though. No hard feelings I hope! That's not to say that I ever say much origional! So how bout some gold nuggets of origional wisdom from "The Gipper"? We'll be sitting at your feet, waiting for your wisdom!

[This message has been edited by AbsoluteFreakinChump (edited 11-16-2001).]

Hey AbsoluteFreakinChump!

I get your point, but in NO WAY am I implying that these are original ideas, because they aren't. Not even close!

The purpose of the 'Gipper Tips' is to revisit techniques that have been proven to work FOR ME. Field-tested, DJ approved, whatever. And to present them with a little bit of humor (when appropriate).

If you look on the discussion forum, you'll quickly realize we have a lot of new faces here. I noticed that most of these guys never do searches on topics and most won't take the time to read the DJ Bible (which should be the FIRST thing they do).

I have some original stuff and I'll post it, but I think these guys need to see the basics and see them often! A teacher of mine once said "Comprehension comes from repetition." Good advice, as I found out.

Disrespect? No way! Sound off however you want. I have pretty thick skin. And to some extent, I agree with what you said. Someone who's visited this site often will see some repeats. Then again, maybe not.

No hard feelings. I like everyone here. I just tend to get pissed off at wjboogy and john sometimes. It's cool.

If it bothers you, just skip over the "Gipper Tips". I won't mind, I PROMISE!

All-About-Love Gipper

[This message has been edited by Gipper (edited 11-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Gipper (edited 11-17-2001).]

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo, Gips,

I would agree with that statement. Men use phones to set up plans. If you want to actually talk, wait till you're on a date with her!

BGMan