GF can't be "romantic." A problem?

budisudaryo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mean "romantic" in a sappy or corny way, but my gf just can't seem to express and receive adoration verbally (she admitted this herself), you know what I mean? I see other couples have "romantic" conversations like "I'm grateful to have you" while she doesn't even like it when I call her "honey" or "darling." She said that she's been like this all of her life. She feels those things are corny and she shudders when she hears things like that. She prefers showing love by action. And yes, she's done some sweet actions to me like buying a pair of socks that I'd been searching for.

What's happening here? Is this girl psychologically troubled? Can I get her to loosen up? I'm not crazy for "schmoopie schmoopie" talks myself but it'd be nice to have a "romantic" conversation once in a while or even just to be able to call her "darling."

Last edited:

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
budisudaryo said:
What's happening here? Is this girl psychologically troubled? Can I get her to loosen up? I'm not crazy for "schmoopie schmoopie" talks myself but it'd be nice to have a "romantic" conversation once in a while or even just to be able to call her "darling."
I've never like myself the idea of calling or being called 'darling' or 'honey' or all those things. I think it sounds very corny as well, but I might be psychologically troubled.

Of course the problem here is that the issue seems to be bothering you more than it should. It almost sounds like you're the one seeking assurance, which is not the best course of action IMHO.

If there are no other underlying issues here (which sounds like there might be), I can't see how this is a serious problem.

CJ 101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does she at least allow you to have sex with her ? because if she doesn't then you should just leave her the way you found her and let her bore someone else.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think she's that into you.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
Honestly, I don't think she's that into you.
using your logic then she's not into her past bf's as well because she acted the same with them.