Getting the Attention of the taken girl

PocketGnome

Don Juan
Reaction score
First post for a long time lurker.

So, there is this chick in my school, she is in 2 of my classes, I sit next to her in one. I carry on some conversation in class, but thats about it. (Conversation is only in class, nowhere outside. Note: Conversation is not restricted much, we just talk about whatever.)

I have good grades (3.4 GPA) and I play on my schools Varsity Golf Team. (I'm sweet, don't hate) I guess you consider me to be a little shy, but I'll talk to people I'm confortable around. I'm usually not nervous around this girl, but every once in a while I am.I'm not the most popular kid in school, but I know my way around, and a lot of people enjoy my company. (At least, they seem too :p)

The only thing that is restricting me from talking to this girl more, or looking for a relationship is that she is in a relationship. She's a junior, as am I. She is going out with a senior. They've been together for this whole school year, just over half of it.

I have no idea how she feels about me, or what she considers me.

I guess I'd like to start out by talking to her more, maybe getting her interested in me. I'm about 99% positive she doesn't know that I'm interested, since I don't show any signs of that. (Which is probably a bad thing, right?)

So, I'm asking what are good ways of getting her attention more? (Outside of classes) What are some ways to let her know I'm interested? Have any of you been in this situation before? Any tips?

Thanks in advance, and if you'd like me to provide some more info, I'd be glad too.

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The question is, how do you feel about her? This girl is obviously in a LTR; what makes you better than that other guy? Why would she end this relationship she has with a senior for you?

And why is she worth your time and energy?

PocketGnome

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like her, she's attractive, she's polite, she's nice... she's fun to be around. I don't really know what makes me better than the other guy, I don't know him very well. I, like stated above, think she is really attractive. She's polite, smart, fun to be around. She'd be worth the "time and energy"

My only problem is that she is in a relationship. And, like you stated an LTR. She obviously isn't looking for another guy if she has been in a LTR.

AB500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hate to say it but your best bet is to forget about her. You can still talk to her just don't get too deeply involved or you'll end up in the wrong side of the "LJBF" line. Never focus on one girl, instead take oppertunities when they arise. She is not an oppertunity. Of course if her LTR ever ends go ahead and persue her but until then don't look at her as a possibility because your going to be wasting your time.

brodiev

Reaction score
My honest advice: your a dirtbag. why go after the girl in a relationship? You should respect what they have, go use some dj skill and find a new girl. From what it sounds your not a looser, your smart and you have a life... so don't be shy and go get someone else. You should have no problem at all!

PocketGnome

Don Juan
Reaction score
:(

Erm... I guess you guys are probably right. I can't force her out of a relationship (not that I was going to).

Thanks for the advice guys.

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave her alone. If you can't get a single girl then there is no way you can get a girl with a boyfriend.

PocketGnome

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did I say I couldn't get a single girl? No. I just happen to really like this girl, and I enjoy her company. My school is relatively small. (Less than 500 people for a HS) She just seemed like the girl.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wont say **** about you for going for taken girls (forbidden fruit is more attractive) but play it cool. build a silent attraction, make her miss the single life by mentioning how interesting yours is, but dont start talking about sex or trying to get in her pants. that'll get your ass beat. instead, just let her know your cool and how much she is missing being in a relationship, and wait for time to run its course when someone cheats on someone.

42-Colrath

Don Juan
Reaction score
im going to use some pook knowledge here and say be patient. but...dont revolve your life around her. im sure eventually that bf will have to go. continue to improve your game and go see other girls.