Getting respect?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you gain respect from your peers?

Boys and girls both?

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, the problem here is that you've got to establish your part from the start!

If people didn't respect you yesterday, doesn't matter what DJ you become they aren't going to miraculously being respecting you today.

Unfortunately, first impressions are the ones that stick!

The first people I met in Brazil here last year met me as the completely AFC I was, till today they roll their eyes at me. It's ****ing annoying and it makes me ****ing want to beat the **** out of them.

So I just stay the hell away from them.

Now the people who I met at school met me in the "bad boy" kind of style, so they respect me so much they're afraid of me.

BUT you already knew this...

You've given me advice over AIM before. What's up?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DON'T BE FRIENDLY, DON'T BE NICE

do you want respect as a friend, or respect as more like fear? (such as respect you give to a bully)

When you become too friendly with a lot of people in High School this tends to lead to disrespect. How? because once you are close to someone you can make fun of that person and not give them the sort of respect that one gives to non-friends.

If I don't make sense look at this example. You will joke around with friends, they can make fun of you etc, but you can't do that to the guy in class that you don't know well. Why? because you don't know what could happen and you don't know him enough to do that on a friendly basis. Nobody likes to start fights.

Don't let everyone think that you are their friend.

Im not saying you treat people like crap, im saying that you should quit being friendly. No more saying hi to people first time you see them in the day (let them say hi to you), no more treating girls like queens, keep smiles to a minimum, be serious most of the time, less joking around with people, look people in the eye when you talk to them at all times, don't share your secrets with anyone.

Another example is what the DJ Bible says about keeping girls interested by being mysterious and not letting girls know your feelings etc. Think of it as not being too nice,friendly with people in a way to keep a distance from them. Be your own man, have a "independent guy, minds his own business' aura around you.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man, that's a good advice, meaning that it works and you are going to be respected, by following it. but guess what? ur not going to have much fun, not having friends... who are you going out with in the evenings? who are you going to play sports with? who are you going to have a bike-trip with?