Getting message to parents

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to start Diesel's guide or skinnyguy or a combination of the two, but my first boundary is my parents. I'm 17, but due to former idiocy, I don't drive until February 17. When I drive, I plan to go work out after school at the gym when I can, but I don't want to try the dieting part in secret...my dad might be ok with it but my mum's a nurse (And a skeptic...bad combo), and she carries the motto "Everything in moderation". With my regular approach, she won't let me change my diet by much. How should I go about getting them to allow me to start this sort of thing?

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of diet are you looking at? I think you're a little too young to be worrying about bulking up. Seriously, concentrate on your schoolwork and go out for a sport. Are you good at basketball, football, or baseball? These teams should have a lot of access to weights. When I was in high school, I didn't have a set diet. I just lifted my butt off and ate a whole lot. My results were pretty good. If you want to diet, sit down and have a talk with your parents. Give them your viewpoints and what you wish to do, but also be understanding of where they're coming from. Maybe tell them that it's something you wanna try out. Don't make a huge deal about it. I'm sure you guys could work something out. Just keep your grades up and they won't have much to say.

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
17 is perfect. I am 16 now, bulking up, weightlifting, etc. START NOW. I wish I had started at like 14, but it's ok, start now!

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yup, i had a friend who started at the age of 10, now hes 5'9 and 212 and quite muscular (none of you want to mess with him... trust me, i tried to take him down it wasnt easy, the kid picked me up with one hand and threw me away like a raggy doll)

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think 17 is a good time to bulk up, if for no other reason to get into the habit of working out. After 26, your metabolism decreases and formerly naturally skinny people find that they have to learn a new set of ropes.