getting a card with your name and number on it, good idea or no?

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been in a few situations lately where getting the girls number after the approach was a bad call. one was friday night where i approched our waitress (away from the table i didnt want any of my friends to hate on me while i was doing my business), but she was in the presence of her fellow employees. I didnt want her to feel uncomfortable giving it (plus the resturant may have policies etc about that conduct at work). I was thinking about getting a card with my first name and phone number only, just to have it for that occasion, where i can slip it to her nonchanant. Any of you guys done this? Might make me look like a player, but what can I say ;)

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you do this, make sure that you have a backup reason for having the cards (business, etc).

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, why don't you just go ahead and make actual business cards?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been planning on doing this myself

Yea, why don't you just go ahead and make actual business cards?
i don't actually have a business, but I still think it'd be cool to get some cards to hand out with my contact info (preferably with a cool pic/graphic). I could give em to girls and guys alike

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
...no

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have some but i aint into business shyt so guys try it out its fun

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scorched said:
Well, some people on this site may not like the idea, but they recommend it at fastseduction.com so it can't be that dumb of a plan. Just make sure you don't give out your contact info with the expectation that a woman will actually call you (she might if she's a hor, but even then it's somewhat doubtful). You can give out cards if you want, but make sure to trade contact info, not just give it out.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, while you are at it, you should have the words "I'm desperate" typed on them somewhere.

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
Sure, while you are at it, you should have the words "I'm desperate" typed on them somewhere.
so what would you of done in my situation? begged for her phone number while she was busy at work, carrying a load of dishes and dealing with a table, with co workers standing 12 feet away? Im not going to stand there like a chump and wait around for 10 minutes so i could get her number. would of been easier to walk up to her on my way out the door, and slip it in her waitress pouch while she was carrying the dishes.
So tell me great one, what would you have done?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

How the hell would it look desperate? It seems like it would make you look organized and professional.

It turns out I was wrong about it being on fastseduction. The link is from this site: http://www.sosuave.com/quick2/tip461.htm

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
I would suggest that you put your "DJ" name on it as well. You could also put your myspace page address on the card. If your folks will lend you the money you could also get a fancier card with a color picture on it. Make sure the pictures is an ab shot. Preferably an ab shot that was taken while you stood in the bathroom. If you are into the blind you need to make sure the card is in braille.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
How the hell would it look desperate? It seems like it would make you look organized and professional.
Two things:
  1. If he was in a professional profession that merit him carrying business cards, they would have provided them; he wouldn't need to make his own.
  2. Business card should only be exchanged (yes, you give one, you get one in return) with people you plan on doing business with. Anything else comes off as:
    1. Boasting about your profession as to impress her (if you have a profession, if not you look like a kid who's pretending to be important)
    2. A player who gives his card out to any woman he comes across.
    3. A guy who is probably willing to spend a large amount of money to impress a woman.

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you know, i do about 10-12 approaches a week. Ill make a few cards, and try them out on a few girls. Lets say every other one. Then Ill report back my findings.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jamescr73 said:
so what would you of done in my situation? begged for her phone number while she was busy at work, carrying a load of dishes and dealing with a table, with co workers standing 12 feet away? Im not going to stand there like a chump and wait around for 10 minutes so i could get her number. would of been easier to walk up to her on my way out the door, and slip it in her waitress pouch while she was carrying the dishes.
So tell me great one, what would you have done?
You're telling me that you went in to eat and were there long enough to order, have them cook your food, and then eat it and you didn't have a window of an opportunity to ask her for her number?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
You're telling me that you went in to eat and were there long enough to order, have them cook your food, and then eat it and you didn't have a window of an opportunity to ask her for her number?
:crackup:

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
excellent plan, James.

Make sure to get a cool graphic on them. ;)

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a template:
Don Juan Academy

James Smith

Professional PUA
tel. 555 5555
:crackup:

Seriously though, i have buisness cards from an organization that i'm a part of. Those are a nice touch. Shows that you're a part of something, and doesn't brag.

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
nope. she took the orders, and i wasnt going to get the number while she was doing that because all my hater co(kblocker friends were there. #2, she didnt deliver the food, and i wasnt going to go stalk her down at another table and get it. #3 i thought at first the ring was on her left ring finger, and though i dont mind stealing a girlfriend, i wont break a commandment and #4 a lot of places have polices against employees engaging in that activity while at work. :nono:

So, Im going back in there on saturday to get the number. (the resturant is like 20 miles from my house and i hardly get to that side of town).

BTW, tonight, I had another similar situation. I went to hooters with some friends. i instantly started busting on our waitress. Solid HB8.5. i had her flirting back hardcore. hitting me with a pen, calling me names, etc. I told her she was in love with me, and that she fell for people too fast. she gave me a big hug, and then for the rest of the night i called her needy. "whats up needy". so i went for the number, and she couldnt give it to me, because they had a policy, and she pointed out that there was a camera right behind me. but she gave me a piece of paper and said "you can give me yours though". so i wrote mine down, and i guess we'll see if she calls. Ill report back later..

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
come on, man. Waitresses are supposed to flirt with you -- especially at Hooters. It usually doesn't mean anything.