Get in the Zone and Stay There

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When do you really feel the best about your ability as a DJ? I am sure all of us would answer this question differently. I would say it's when I know that I have many irons in the fire and I have plenty of options available to me for women to pursue, date, or sleep with (and not necessarily in that order).

This is why pursuing only one woman is worse for your sex life than pursuing none at all. Under these conditions, all your bets are hedged up in one horse. What fallback position do you have? This makes you particularly vulnerable to AFC mentality and behaviors. Because you don't have any other women to direct your energy towards, you will appear desparate. The reason you would appear this way would be because in actuality you would be desparate.

AFC behaviors are self-perpetuating. The minute you open the door to chump behavior you are on a slippery slope. Kill those chump thoughts before you act on them. You either own these tendencies or they own you. By the same token, success is also self-perpetuating. The more success you have, the more you will be used to success and come to expect it from yourself.

We always tell each other, be confident, be a chellenge, don't be too available. The keyword here is "be", not act like or pretend to be. It is so much easier to make the right calls with women when you actually are the person you are trying to act like and not just pretending to be.

Be that guy who never worries about one woman because he has so many others. Be the guy who cares so litte about rejection he laughs at it. Be that DJ who is on 24-7 and does not let opportunities slide by. Be that guy who turns up new prospects quickly and stays focused on his desired outcome without tying it to any particular woman. Don't just dream it, make up your mind to be it.

When you get a consecutive string of what you consider to be good DJ actions behind you, pay attention to how it all makes you feel. Great isn't it. Figure out how you got into this "on fire" mindset in the first place and do whatever it takes to stay in that mindset.

Be in the Zone for real and don't let yourself out of it!

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here, here! Once you let one AFC behavior out, you start to follow it up with additional AFC behaviors... pretty soon, there you are, AFC and alone.

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
T R I A G U L A T E

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's t-r-i-a-N-g-u-l-a-t-e.

The opposite of one-itis. Have several chycks going and don't latch on to just one of them.

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trickynick said:
pursuing only one woman is worse for your sex life than pursuing none at all.

This is actually pretty profound. I like it, it should be a bumber sticker.

There is a lot of truth to it.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pursuing only one women is worse for your sex life than pursuing none at all. I like that statement.

Szyzzlin

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha... trickynicky was the man back in tha day. I used to fued with him all the time back in the early 2000's. seriously (new user acct)