Gallon of milk a day?

F!DELITY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Simple question. Im tall and skinny (6ft 5in, around 168lbs)...I've attempted to bulk up a couple of times but just didn't have the stamina/time to prepare meals constantly etc.

I was wondering, if I drank a gallon of milk a day would that put weight on me, because seriously, I am skinny...and I want a bit of cushion which I can work on? - also is it potentially seriously bad for me?

Thanks in advance

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this link in the "20 squats" thread, which I think would fit you nicely:

http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm

If you scroll down and look at the "typical diet", you'll see there's only two real "cooked" meals, and the rest are simply high fiber carbs + milk. If you're too lazy even for that (not a criticism per se, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to do things I don't like too), you can simply boil a bunch of eggs at once and stick them in the fridge, then just eat 3 or 4 of them for breakfast with some toast and milk.

20 rep squats are all the rage in the forums nowadays, I'm starting them when I come back fro holidays.

JDiddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Work up to a gallon over a 3 week period.

If you go from no milk to a gallon of milk a day your intestines are going to eject from your body as your gut will not have developed the enzymes to cope with so much milk.

And you might find that with 1/2 or 3/4 gallon you will put on weight and build strength fast enough.
Make sure you really put effort into your compound lifts otherwise you'll just end up with a milk gut (think beer gut) Add 7.5kg/16lb a week to your squat and 10kg/~20lb a week to your deadlift.
After awhile you will be putting on more fat then muscle and thats when you deload the GOMAD

Oh and dont be suprised if people accuse you of juicing. Ive done GOMAD for 2 months while doing starting strength and had 1 or 2 steroid comments from family

shadowinurdreams

Don Juan
Reaction score
milk is for babies.... it converts to sugar and yeah it will help u get fat if thats the weight you want to put on then cool but i am assuming its not...

ask yourself this will your car run without fuel? wud you put regular fuel in a ferrari? nope so why settle for regular fuel in your own tank...

u need to learn to make the meals the night before if you cant make them throughout the day and no supplement ut there wil work if you are not getting the correct calories your body needs..

how old are you?

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I've had one single gallon day. On days when I do the twenty reppers I eat everything I can stuff inside me without literally exploding post workout, to include drinking up to 48 oz of milk with my post workout meal. Otherwise I drink about 24 to 36 oz a day usually. I hate the taste of milk but I have to down at least some in order to maximize weight gain.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can handle GOMAD, yeah it'll make you grow big. Proven by a century of experience by numerous lifters.

Personally I can't drink that much milk. I tried, and I ended up reading a magazine for half a day. Two litres (a lil over half a gallon) is my max.

If you can't handle that much milk, drink whey protein mix, eat lots of eggs and meat.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure you are squatting heavy 3 times a week, or all that milk will just go to fat.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started drinking milk 6 months ago and Its great.
Ive only gained about 15lbs in that time but thats because im lazy and dont plan my meals and eat enough normal food.

Milk is a great way to get extra calories and protien, I drink one 4-pint bottle of whole milk each day, its cheap and effective 1400 calories and 70g protien.

Start with 4 pints per day and add more if you need to.

Cure.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll say this about GOMAD. I'm a typical hardgainer and I did GOMAD with whole milk for 4 weeks. Gained 9 lbs and people were complimenting my abs. Just do like everyone else says and make sure your squatting!

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink raw milk if you can.....doing the crap load of milk a day approach works for some and not so great for others. Gauge your process by what you see in the mirror if your not getting noticeably bigger but your gut is...either your training ****in sucks or milk is not the best option. Oh and train like a bodybuilder while doing this to...don't give a **** what people say about strong lifts madcow this or that...Want to get huge as **** do an upper/lower body split/bodybuilder say something like Dorian Yates inspired chest/bis/tris legs off, shoulders/back off off