Gains leveling off

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing Max-OT training for about 2.5 months now and some of my gains are now leveling off. I am still gaining on legs and back because I never used to train those as much, but my reps on chest and arms haven't gone up for over a month. I've been training chest and arms for years so I know I can't expect huge gains any more, but is there anything I can do to get past this plateau? I plan on switching my exercises up in a few weeks.

Rico S

Don Juan
Reaction score
Change up your routine (like you said) and take a look at your diet.

Sethantes

Reaction score
Sometimes the best thing you can do if you have been working out consistently for a few months is to take a break from working out. I know it's hard to do, but try taking a 2 week break from lifting. This will give your muscles time to recuperatefrom the past months. during your break you will probably lose a little LBM and when you come back to lifting you will probably be slightly weaker but if you hit the weights hard after your break you will gain that back fast + some. I think that might be just what you need to pass that plateau. Also remember that when you are changing your routine, you need to change more than just the excercises you perform. Try changing the tempo in which you raise and lower the weight. Also try out lifting a higher number of reps with lower weight for a couple weeks and then switch back to lifting heavy.