Gain weight or practice DJ skills?

bladeux

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been discussing about this with my brother yesterday night, and I thought I'd ask you guys for an opinion.

I am 17 years old, and I am a VERY skinny guy. I am 6'0 foot tall and I weight 130 lbs, so women hardly ever look at me (unless we're talking).

I have a good looking face though. I've been called cute a few times.

I told my brother that I will focus on gaining some weight and I won't approach women until I gain atleast 20 pounds.

He tells me that I should work on my GAME instead of worrying so much about my weight. He says that with all the time that I waste at the gym, I could become an awesome DJ and women will careless about my body.

I've been practicing my DJ skills for about 2 years now and I know pretty much everything that is written in the Bible (I've read it all about 4 times). Women respond well to me and enjoy talking to me but yea, I'm a virgin and I DO believe it's because of my body.

My bro says that with MORE game I should be able to get anyone. He says that my weight is just my excuse for not scoring.

What do you guys think? Can really skinny guys still get with women? (I'm not talking about the really ugly girls, I'm talking about average and good looking girls). It seems that they enjoy being around me but will never do anything sexual with me.

Should I start working out ? (Note that I don't have a lot of time, but I COULD find a place in my free time to workout).

Or can I get away with this body with MORE GAME?

Limitless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gain the weight. And go for medium looking girls , then when you get the weight ..(hopefully you'll have confidence before that) hit on some more better looking girls.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not do both at the same time? Hit the weights early in the morning, and the rest of the time is yours to practice your game.

gbpackers

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can still get girls that are good looking even if you are skinny but working out and getting a bit of muscle isnt going to hurt you.. it will help girls notice you more making it easier to approach or whatever, and it will also give you more confidence if you know you look good and that girls are attracted to you.

So I would say if you can find time to workout and gain weight while still having time to approach girls, I would say workout. But if you only have time for working out and then no girls, I would rather go after the girls.

and also by the way .. are you french?

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout. It is a DJ skill in itself. Having a nice body is an instant opener.

In addition: You gain confidence thereby improving your "game."

P.S. I hate it when this is refered to as a game. Why do we degrade ourselves so?

iCY

Don Juan
Reaction score
djing is an excuese not to gain wait

theres 2 things that are holding you back from gaining 20 lbs
1) 45-60 minutes, 3 days a week
2) eating alot and eating the right healthy foods

there is no way you cant make room for that ! after that, you have plenty of time to work on your DJ skills. you should be getting enough practice with your DJ skills anyway, you have to be a DJ every second of your life, even when ur working....

bladeux

Don Juan
Reaction score
-

I'm just gonna start working out and keep doing what I have to do without approaching TOO MUCH. Once I'll get the pounds needed I'll start approaching some more.

And yes I'm french.

What were my english mistakes so I can fix them in the future? :)

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
You had no grammar mistakes due to english being your second lanuage, all were typo's. He knew you were french from your handle. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH THAT FLUENTLY WHEN IT IS THE SECOND HARDEST LANGUAGE TO LEARN IN THE WORLD!?!!? I'VE BEEN TAKING JAPANESE FOR EIGHT YEARS AND STILL MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD MY OWN ALONE IN TOKYO!

Excuse my ranting.

gbpackers

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea bladeux i knew because of your handle, your english was perfectly fine.

Anyway is your name olivier by any chance and do you know anyone named kevin jourdain

bladeux

Don Juan
Reaction score
-

haha yea, I "know" him from internet, he plays this video game called Counter-Strike.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zaine
You had no grammar mistakes due to english being your second lanuage, all were typo's. He knew you were french from your handle. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH THAT FLUENTLY WHEN IT IS THE SECOND HARDEST LANGUAGE TO LEARN IN THE WORLD!?!!? I'VE BEEN TAKING JAPANESE FOR EIGHT YEARS AND STILL MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD MY OWN ALONE IN TOKYO!

Excuse my ranting.
no way english is the second hardest language to learn. actually, it's one of the easiest languages in the world. chinese is harder, japanese is harder, german is harder, swahili is harder, afrikaan is harder... and so on;)

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oooooops, i missed the topic of the thread. i can't get why lots of people are tryin' to keep themselves back with some lame excuses. why the hell do you think you shouldn't approach decent girls until you gain some weight?! i'm sure that when you get that perfect body you dream of, you are going to invent some other excuses, like "no, i should improve my body language and/or my voice tone"... man, there's no way you are going to hurt yourself by approaching women and gettin' rejected, it'll just do wonders for you, so get outta here and approach.

another thing: don't say that you are too busy to either work out and approach... you don't have to walk around the city in order to find a nice woman and meet her. you just approach them when you see them in the street, at school, on the bus, everywhere. so don't bullsh1t about not having time to approach, you just have to introduce yourself and ask for the number!

bladeux

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I've mentionned not having time to approach.

I think the whole point of this thread was knowing if it is WORTH IT to work out, or if I could succeed with women without a nice body.