FYI: Don Juans are Homos!

chator56

Don Juan
Reaction score
The demonic interpretation of the Don Juan legend, created by the seventeenth-century French playwright Moliere, and immortalized by Mozart in his opera, 'Don Giovanni', received support in the twentieth century from a strange quarter. The scientific investigation into the private sexual lives of the bourgeoisie and masses was begun early in the twenteith century through the discipline of psychoanalysis. Intially, a psychological therapy for mental illness, psychoanalysis evolved psuedo-scientific theories aimed at explaining such things like character development and differentiation. A famous psychoanalyst by the name of Wilhelm Stekel wrote a book titled, 'Bisexual Love', in which he resurrected the demonic interpretation of the Don Juan character. Basing his claims and conclusions on the clinical study and psychoanalysis of several Don Juan character-types, he reached the startling conclusion that Don Juan was really a repressed homo. In this way, he tries to explain Don Juans' frequent flight and dissatisfation with women. Counterposing Don Juan to Casanova, he argues Don Juan is really a misogynist (woman-hater) and a truly disturbed character-type.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**crickets chirping**

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wikapedia defo of a Don Juan: (Been on forums before)

The legends say that Don Juan seduced, raped or killed a young girl of noble family, and killed her father. Later, he came across a statue of the father in a cemetery and impiously invited it home to dine with him, an invitation which the statue gladly accepted. The ghost of the father arrived for dinner as the harbinger of Don Juan's death. The Statue asked to shake Don Juan's hand, and when he extended his arm, he was dragged away to Hell.

Most authorities agree that the first recorded tale of Don Juan is El burlador de Sevilla y convidado de piedra (The Playboy of Seville and Guest of Stone) by Tirso de Molina. Dates vary for the first publication of this, from 1620 to 1635, depending upon the source, although it appeared in Spain as early as 1615.

Depending upon the particular rendition of the legend, Don Juan's character may be presented in one of two perspectives, or somewhere in between: According to some, Don Juan was a simple, lustful womanizer, a cruel seducer who simply gets sex wherever he can. Others, however, see Don Juan as a man who genuinely loves every woman he seduces, and it is his gift to see the true beauty and intrinsic value which exist within every woman.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomatoes said:
The legends say that Don Juan seduced, raped or killed a young girl of noble family, and killed her father. Later, he came across a statue of the father in a cemetery and impiously invited it home to dine with him, an invitation which the statue gladly accepted. The ghost of the father arrived for dinner as the harbinger of Don Juan's death. The Statue asked to shake Don Juan's hand, and when he extended his arm, he was dragged away to Hell.

COOOOOL!!

Reaction score
Do you think being gay gets in the way of getting more women? Is it bad to be gay? I always liked sticking my finger in my bum as a kid. I still stare at my d!ck when I masturbate, is that gay? What if I play football, and I like to rest my hand on my friends crotch? I always like to see how big my friends asses are, is that gay?

Oh yeah, and what's wrong with being a misogynist? Hating women rocks, it's so easy to be uninterested when I think they are useless pieces of meat good for nothing except giving me head.

Turncoat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stackthestyles, you, my friend, have issues. Very deep issues. *shudders*

Jezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
*shakes head*

Why did you tell us man?

chator56

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomatoes said:
Wikapedia defo of a Don Juan: (Been on forums before)
Depending upon the particular rendition of the legend, Don Juan's character may be presented in one of two perspectives, or somewhere in between: According to some, Don Juan was a simple, lustful womanizer, a cruel seducer who simply gets sex wherever he can. Others, however, see Don Juan as a man who genuinely loves every woman he seduces, and it is his gift to see the true beauty and intrinsic value which exist within every woman.
Thanks for the info Tomatoes. In my research on Don Juan I didn't think to look up for info on Wikapedia, which is a fantastic resource! Stekel has both a broad category for Don Juan character-types, which he then subdivides into the Don Juans (mysogynistic seducers) and the Casanova types, which he believes really do love women and are more in touch with their femaninity, but in a health sublimated way. He explains Don Juans' promiscuity as evidence of unconscious homosexual instincts. These repressed instincts motivate Don Juan to prove his heterosexuality by sleeping with alot of women, but his endless conquests only prove his lack of satisfaction with any woman.