FWB to Relationship: Man I F'd Up!

johnhat57

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been going on dates with "Kate" for about 2-3 months now. She had just got out of serious, long-term, albeit complicated relationship (she was dating a guy that was already married) and we started hanging out every weekend.

We had a ton of fun together doing things around town, and also had a really strong chemistry. We started fooling around from the beginning and made the natural progressions to having sex.

Last weekend Kate told me that she was falling in love with me. I said it back and meant it. Last night, while out, she said the same thing but then said "I can't commit to you right now." I was fine with this until I asked if she was actively looking to date other people. She said that she wasn't dating anyone else but was, in fact, looking to do that.

I told her that I couldn't handle that and left. She got really mad, totally shut me out and yelled at me in public and said that I was getting "lost in the details" and "worrying about semantics." I told her that I was sorry but I didn't see it that way.

I told her it was over and she came over to "finish it in person." When I saw her, I no longer felt anything towards her. I think she felt the same way...

Did I overreact?

tl;dr: Did I overreact? Am I missing something?

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, cut her off now! She is only using you, your just a temporary "Band-Aid" or "Boy Toy" to help herself get over her Ex until someone else she likes better comes along. Or possibly go back to him and leave you flat!

Billtx49

Reaction score
She's rebounding with you. Her think I love you statement was only b.s. designed to keep you around for the time being.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, she was honest about wanting to turn you into a plate! your truth was that you are not interested in being her plate. always go with your truth. never compromise your desires

Glassguy

Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words and this is why you never invest as much as the woman in the relationship.

You should have just said "no problem Kate, that's probably a good idea. I have my eye on a few people too".

ALL FWB relationships get to this point of one person leaving to see someone else the like better or it turns into a LTR.

Bayne05

Don Juan
Reaction score
She wasn't that serious with you in the first place. You were just the rebound, and rebounds never last mate.

Red Flag 1 - She just got out of a LTR when she met you
Red Flag 2 - She was dating a married man
Red Flag 3 - She's a psycho

Should've kept her as a FWB, nothing more.