Fusion: All Mature People Please Share Your Experiences

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok first of all, I'm a high schooler so I probably shouldn't be in here.

Second, I am right now, but it's for a good cause.

See, chances are, most of you have gone through high school and are much wiser than those going through it now. So what I'm asking for are your experiences from high school. Which ones in particular?

- Stuff that you worried too much about and now find were really stupid/a waste of time

- General wisdom supported by an anecdote or something

- Future goals and planning

- True things one should focus on in high school (your opinions, so don't flame)

Thanks. I hope this works.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you are right. You shouldn't be posting here.

Topic moved to anything else.

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kerensky
Stuff that you worried too much about and now find were really stupid/a waste of time
Being cool. I cannot tell you what a relief it was to not have to "be cool" anymore. Complete and utter waste of energy, money and time.

Also (parents are gonna hate me for this, but it's my experience), for all the pressure to get good grades, it only mattered in one place: getting into university. Other than that, no one - and I truly mean no one - ever asked me what my grades were like.

General wisdom supported by an anecdote or something
See above.

Future goals and planning
In the words of Joseph Campbell, "Follow Your Bliss".

True things one should focus on in high school
Build character and discipline.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

- Stuff that you worried too much about and now find were really stupid/a waste of time
-Trying to fit in all the time / worried about how others percieve me
-Getting girls

- General wisdom supported by an anecdote or something
"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't." - Fight Club

"Those moments, after which, we wish we could do over do not diminish the other moments, after which, we wish for nothing more." - Me

"With repetition comes demise, yet with creativity comes longevity." - Me

- Future goals and planning
Finish college, first and foremost. After I'm done with that, I'm looking to go into law school or advertising. My ultimate goal is to be a writer, and I'm basically looking to make that possible.

- True things one should focus on in high school (your opinions, so don't flame)
Grades, and doing everything you can to make sure you look back on high school with a smile on your face. Do what makes you happy, not what you think people will respect.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish i had banged all the girls that wanted to bang isntead of being faithful to my GF for 4 years. I thought i was going to marry her but of course i was young and dumb.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that the biggest thing I should have done was stop giving a crap earlier. I just stopped caring about how people viewed me and began to improve myself. After that life just started going my way.

Make friends with everyone you can. Be polite and a good human being to everyone you come in contact with. That nerd everyone picks on now might be head of Microsoft some day, you never know when saying hi to them might bring on some good karma. It never hurts to have too many friends in too many places.

Also, get good grades but don't stress out over them. If you can get a ~3.5 cumulative GPA you'll be just fine. I got a 3.9x and I was accepted into Ohio State, get full in-state tuition and am in the Honors Engineering program. But to tell the truth I would have gotten in with a lower GPA and less effort also.

The less you worry about being cool and impressing people, the more exponentially good your life will become. Trust me on this :)

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boy if i were as lucky as you to find this site at 16, i dont think i'd have any regrets right now.

hmm what i regret?

so many lost opportunities with girls i coulda banged, never had a gf in h.s. THIS IS WHAT I REGRET THE MOST.

what you should look forward to?
have the best time of your life there, dont take it ttoo seriously, once you get to college, most of the friends you know will be gone, as everyone walks their own path.

you might wanna consider joining clubs as some colleges prefer to see that on an application.

the problem with h.s. is that everyone usually by sophomre/junior year has their own crew with wich they hangout...which is actualy quite sad compared to college where everyone talks to each other.

h.s. is the last of your childhood, after that you're a grown up....everything is different by the time u hit college. NEVER FORGET

h.s. is too short to be spent playing games at home. you should be out having fun and chillin with your friends. sports, dating, sex, parties, etc.

oh, and lastly, GET YOUR FVCKING LICENSE while you still have free time. I got mine last summer, but compared ot h.s. i had more free time than i do now.

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kep your grades fine enough to get into a university, but have fun.

It's okay to have regrets, for your past failures are part of who you are today. If I was a DJ in high school, I would have missed out on some other interesting things that self-improvemnent has led me to.

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow thanks a lot. Those are true words of wisdom up there. My GPA is like a 4.8 right now because I take AP classes and I play a sport and do other extracurriculars. I think I will take your advice and focus on grades more because I have been slacking and also focus on being a better, more outgoing person to everyone I see, not just the people who "matter" because everyone matters.

But this also means that I will not take crap and I will sh1t list anyone go goes out of their way to make me miserable. Thanks again.