Friends Respecting Relationships

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My best friend is a girl. She's dating someone. We pretty much know that he's jealous that we're best friends, and we have a great relationship. Now her boyfriend doesn't like our relationship. He hasn't threatened me, but he's acted way different around me when they got together. What should I do?

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
He does ANYTHING threatening, kick his ass. Or tell her, then ask her if you can kick his ass. Kick his ass either way. Or just be friendly around him.

I like to be VERY dominant and kicking his ass would be priority #1 for me to protect myself. Because I'm super duper.:)

jetsfan

Don Juan
Reaction score
heh heh, you sound like one of my friends. I think the best thing to do would be to just play it cool, if he says anything to you, just explain that you are just friends. But whatever you do, don't get angry or lose your head. That way if he ends up making a fool of himself, his girl will be there to stick up for you.:cool:

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes when you grow up (in pre-school and shizniot like that) and you have many guy friends (none of which you keep), and a girl you've known since you were a rugrat lives right next to you, you become quick best friends.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youre best friend should not be a girl. She can be a friend... but the bonding is different. I would invest some time in expanding my circle of male friends if I were you.

But in response to ur question... if your friend were a guy, and his GIRLFRIEND was *****ing that you guys hung out to much, what would you do?

I would calmy say that if she didnt like me and my best friend relaxing and having a good time, she could figuratively **** her self. then I would smile and walk away.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think i have to disagree with you guys. put yourselves in boyfriend's position... if ur girlfriend was going out with the one she defined "her best male friend", would you be perfectly ok with that? maybe some of you, but just the real confident ones.
i personally don't make a big deal about her going out with male friends, even though she used to like one of them, i often ask her to invite her friends over on saturday nights, but they hate me for staying with her (they like them since they were freshmen, now they are juniors), so they always refuse. not that i'm confident, i just wouldn't give a sh1t if she cheated on me with somebody i don't know (plus they are biggest AFCs). anyway, i'm talkin' about myself not you, i'm sorry:)
what i mean is, as soon as u get a chance to talk with her boyfriend ALONE (not to her presence), explain that you are very cool about them being together, but you noticed that he doesn't trust you and that really upsets you since you should be friends.

if u say it in the right fashion, not only you are going to have a new friend, but also you are going to look really alpha in his eyes

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, she's my best girl friend, #2 on my list. My best friend is a guy (9 years). But why do you guys care?

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it is wrong for your best friend to be of the opposite sex. It deprives you of a level of comfort you SHOULD have with SOMEONE on this green earth.

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
i think i have to disagree with you guys. put yourselves in boyfriend's position... if ur girlfriend was going out with the one she defined "her best male friend", would you be perfectly ok with that? maybe some of you, but just the real confident ones.
i personally don't make a big deal about her going out with male friends, even though she used to like one of them, i often ask her to invite her friends over on saturday nights, but they hate me for staying with her (they like them since they were freshmen, now they are juniors), so they always refuse. not that i'm confident, i just wouldn't give a sh1t if she cheated on me with somebody i don't know (plus they are biggest AFCs). anyway, i'm talkin' about myself not you, i'm sorry:)
what i mean is, as soon as u get a chance to talk with her boyfriend ALONE (not to her presence), explain that you are very cool about them being together, but you noticed that he doesn't trust you and that really upsets you since you should be friends.

if u say it in the right fashion, not only you are going to have a new friend, but also you are going to look really alpha in his eyes
I think you have a point. personally, I don't care if my girl hangs out with guys, because i have that level of confidence. but an insecure guy would obviously see this as an affront to their relationship. If she's hot, then he probably figures that you must have game if your hanging out with her so much, so he puts two and two together.

ps if you don't care if your girlfriend cheats on you its time to dump her ass and move on