friend zone rule needs to be updated

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like its always like this....

oh she put you in the friend zone, next her.

a lot of people sleep with their "friend" if the couple is attractive. When I was living in dorms..my friends would take me out and do friendly activities but still do me when they chose to or needed it.

to this day, females are my friends and guess what...they just say they're attracted to me obviously because I workout, and they manage to conveniently forget about our friendship when they're wet.

don't u think they would rather bang a "friend" than a complete stranger?

p.s.
I don't act all needy or call them up to hear about their lives...just cordial texts and once in a blue moon I invite them for a drink and maybe a slice of pizza. Like a friendly guy...

if you set your boundaries right, they won't push for drama...because drama ain't friendly, ya dig..

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is called social circle game.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is generally different from the friendzone, I've banged friends but I also know that there are some friends that wouldn't touch me with a barge pole. If I was to become interested in one of those girls, I would have to back off.

In my life I've got out of the "friendzone" twice...maybe three times, it's not something you can do overnight.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So when we talk here about friend zone, that means she isn't interested in you?

I kind of disagree...no one is interested in anyone right off the bat. Yes looks wise of course but you still have to portray your boundaries are friends, but would fvck in a heart beat

maybe that's still social circle game. In that case I don't believe there is such a thing as a friend zone.

Mr. Cappucino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kid, obviously they're either your Friends with benefits or your fvck buddies. Same difference. if i lusted over a girl who only sees me as a friend, that would be a friendzone, especially if i try to be with her every day of the week. but if we both fvck around with each other not givin an epidemic sh!t about having a relationship, We're fvck buddies. And you didn't mention caring about or planning relationships with them, so there's no friendzones.

6stringer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think women ahve been largely successful at redefining the friendzone so that it no longer means anything anymore.
Bein in the friendzone was never about not having any female friends. FZ always meant something fairly specific:
1. A guy who was smitten for a girl and she knew it
2. A woman who treated a guy like a BF but without the sex
3. She encouraged and stoked his feelings for her with no intention of reciprocating-i.e. lead him on in small ways

Usually some or all of these conditions had to apply. Just knowing woman you want or would have sex with is not FZ. Colming on to woman and being rejected is not the FZ. Having female friends is not the FZ.
If there are simply women in your social circle with whom you are friendly with, that is just considered normal, not the friendzone.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
_sideways_ said:
So when we talk here about friend zone, that means she isn't interested in you?

I kind of disagree...no one is interested in anyone right off the bat. Yes looks wise of course but you still have to portray your boundaries are friends, but would fvck in a heart beat

maybe that's still social circle game. In that case I don't believe there is such a thing as a friend zone.
Typically FZ refers to when she isn't interested in you and a guy is stuck there... it usually has a negative connotation.

I've willingly placed myself into the FZ with women but there was always an underlying sexual tone. I just never chose to pursue anything other than a "friendly" relationship.

You can't say "no one is interested in anyone right off the bat". That's incorrect. Right off the bat, many people could be REALLY interested in another person, it comes with the physical attraction and sexual nature of all human beings. Sure, some people are more, less or not attracted at all but to say that all IL between two people starts at 0 is pretty erroneous and a very dangerous assumption.

Just because you don't believe there isn't a FZ, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There's a myriad of posts in these forums alone that prove that FZ is alive and very much kicking AFC's in the balls.

The FZ you speak of is not the generally accepted term related to AFC's, greenhorns, disconnects, and newbies.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you're talking about is not the friendzone. It's completely different. Like someone said, that's social circle game or friends with benefits.

Friendzone, the guy NEVER gets laid unless for a rare pity fvck if the girl happens to be drunk or depressed.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone in this god damn thread should be ashamed of themselves for calling them anything other than chumps

no one (worth a ****) Ever said that you can't get out of the friendzone. I've gotten out of the friendzone. it's possible. if putting a man on the moon is possible i assure you that guys who started off as friends ended up f'ing some girls that were firends

the point of nexting a friend is IT'S NOT WORTH THE EFFORT

the time, energy, attention you give to the friend girl is time, energy and attention you can give to new plates. it's anti-dump machine, which is pretty apparently no one here has ever read.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The friendzone doesn't just mean she is your friend. It means that (usually) she is your friend and she is not attracted to you sexually at all.

Being friends with girls is different. You can be friends with girls but not be in the friendzone. I'm friends with plenty of friends (girls) that are sexually attracted to me, or that i'm sexually attracted to yet not in the friendzone. If you're a DJ, it's smart to have hot girls as friends. Yes you can hook up with them, but more importantly they make excellent wings, build your social proof, get you used to taking hot girls off the pedestal, and introduce you to their hot friends.

But when you're in the friendzone, you are typically friends with her. In this case you think of her sexually but she doesn't think of you sexually.

Although I would consider orbiters to be in the friendzone, yet not really friends with her because she just keeps you around to make herself feel better and use you rather than because she enjoys hanging with you as a friend. Plus orbiters normally hang around just to try to get in her pants.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the friendzone is different from FWB or just having female friends

you're in the friendzone if you've got oneitis for a chick who wouldn't ever date you in a million years, but she still talks to you and stuff.

it's not quite the same as being friends because generally, in the friendzone she uses you for free stuff and you get nothing, whereas actual friends have a give and take.

my brother once got LJBF from a girl who apparently still expected him to pay for everything when they hung out, if he was dumb enough to agree to that, THAT would be the friendzone

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with backbreaker. Why the fück would you put in all that monumental effort? What are you trying to prove? What's the real issue here? You do realize it's not gonna be worth it, right? When you finally do get that chick that is into you, makes it easy, reciprocates, and bangs you like a drum, you're gonna punch yourself in the balls with brass knuckles for not doing it sooner.