FR: Venue blowout - peacocking

IDLH

Reaction score
Tip: When you go out peacocking in an out of the ordinary or extreme way, social proof and strong reality are even more important.

Here are the details.

I have an old work shirt that has my name embroidered on it. In an experimental frame for the evening, I decided to wear it for peacocking purposes when out sarging on Crockett St. in Beaumont, TX.

I started off just getting chatty and sarged a natural to wing with me. I opened a coupla throwaway sets with him and was getting into a pretty good state, but he started acting really try-hard, talking about all the different girls he has been with so I ditched him and figured that I would work alone.

So as I walked alone down the street to the next venue, the social pressure was more intense than I had ever felt.
Some people laughed as I walked by, some were more receptive, a few were even cool.
Everyone noticed.
More than a hundred people as I walked from one end of the street to the other.

I crawled out of state and into my head where I hid out and micromanaged alpha display.

The coolest-hottest bartender in the club was working the bar facing the elevator doors. An HB8.5 with more style than anybody I personally know. Her initial look was a surprised positive and that bit of validation did help. I got her women's opinion on the shirt and she told me to untuck it cause a 'mechanics shirt' should never be tucked in, then she kino'd me unbuttoning some buttons and buttoning them back again.

At this moment, I could have got back into state, I could have blasted through. It had this sorta undiscovered cool vibe. But, tying all this FR back into the tip, I didn't. I didn't open any more sets to build the SP. I stayed in the club another hour or so and just walked it a bit, danced to a coupla songs here and there and left feeling totally blown out.

After thinking about it I want to go back out next weekend with it and do it again, and maybe keep doing it until I am totally comfortable. I would be the 'work shirt guy' and not care.

With a strong enough reality it really doesn't matter what we wear, but until our reality is to that point, it's important to keep as much positive momentum as we can, including stylish clothes.

From Rasputin (Hypnotica?)
"Do you know how you get over it? You don't shower or shave for a month, until you smell like a sewer. Then you walk around for two weeks wearing a dress and a goalie mask with a dildo strapped to the front. That's what I did. And I will never be afraid of public humiliation again."