FR: A Day at the gym gone bad (bad field report)

wospers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I liked that other guys idea (sorry, too lazy to go look for your name lol) about posting field reports about bad situations to let others know that the DJ masters fail at times too. It gives us AFC's hope, it lets us know that the masters themselves are also humans just like us.

Well, how should I start it off? I went to the gym with my 3 buddies, it had been about 4 days since we went, so we planned to keep it light, didn't want to hurt ourselves. Well, we get there and we start getting into the routine when I spot this CUTE blondie, i'd say she was a solid 7.5 (rough grader ;)). My buddy and I decide to go over to the leg machine where we are a bit closer to her. I then tell my buddy..

Me: Screw this man, i'm gonna go work out right next to her...
Him: huh huh, good luck man (total AFC dude)

There was a leg press machine right next to where she was working out. I stroll up to the machine and start loading some weights on the machine, I then look over to the girl and was like...

Me: Damn, how are you lifting all that weight, thats amazing!
Her: Yea, all 40 lbs. of it (wierd smirk and eye movement)
Me: You could be the next governer no problem!
Her: Yea....(she said something, sounded like "maybe i wont meet as many freaks then"...yea, stone cold right?)
Me: (I just fake laughed and did some leg presses)

She then proceeded to avoid me for the reminder of the time that I was there to workout.

So, you see gentlemen, that was probably thee most direct rejection i've ever gotten, learn to live with it. It seriously was not at all that bad to tell you the truth, this feels a hell of a lot better then it feels when you comletely don't even try (quote: rejection is better then regret).

Comments, critisism (sp?), and props (;))all welcome.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone got pawned.

Don't worry about it though. Awesome job for actually having the balls to make the approach.

On a side note though, make sure you're putting yourself in 100 percent in the weight room. It could have just been that she was pissed off at you for interrupting her workout. I sure would if someone bothered me like that!

Try again next time.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She sounds like she was a stuck up b!tch. Just there to work out.

She may have thought you were taking the piss about the weight.

The only thing i can think of is to go for a C+F reply to her freak comment. However you would most likely be wasting your time and she was only a 7.5 anyways.....no real loss.

DJMaC23

Don Juan
Reaction score
You tried, thats what counts dude. You get points for havin the balls to approach...I've been there too (approach in the gym and get rejected)...I couldn't stop laughing on the way home

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look up SamePendo's thread on GYM sarging here. That guy's a mPUA in the gym. Nice work for approaching.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh, I hate to go on my own little rant but the gym is NOT a club. Nothing more annoying to people who are serious bodybuilders like myself than to have to hear people flirting nearby while you're trying to get in the "zone"

Maybe that's the reason she shot you down too, if a hot chick hit on me at the gym i'd ignore her no matter what since I'm really serious about working out

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomatoes said:
She sounds like she was a stuck up b!tch. Just there to work out.
Like I said above, It's a freakin GYM... how shocking that someone would be there JUST to work out *GASP*
Again I hate to be a ***** about it but it's not a club, a girl might be there busting her ass trying to accomplish something, she's all sweaty and nasty, you think she wants to flirt with you?
Now obviously there are a bunch of people that take the gym as some sort of dating service but there are still a FEW of us who use it to workout, so it shouldn't come as much of a shock to get turned down there.

wospers

Don Juan
Reaction score
KillingTime said:
Like I said above, It's a freakin GYM... how shocking that someone would be there JUST to work out *GASP*
Again I hate to be a ***** about it but it's not a club, a girl might be there busting her ass trying to accomplish something, she's all sweaty and nasty, you think she wants to flirt with you?
Now obviously there are a bunch of people that take the gym as some sort of dating service but there are still a FEW of us who use it to workout, so it shouldn't come as much of a shock to get turned down there.
Dude, I agree it's not a club, but it's not like we are going up to these girls and doing "club moves" on them so to speak. It's a casual interaction that could lead to more and thats all. There is nothing wrong with wanting to meet people WHILE bettering(is this even a word?) your body.

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my nothing more than my own viewpoint, but the gym is the place I use to tune the rest of the world out. I would never do anything that would make me feel uncomfortable there. My advice is try to avoid cold approaches in places you frequent. However thats just me.