Forum Suggestion: Zoomer and Boomer areas

Should we create age-specific forum areas? (for Zoomers, Millineals, Gen X and Boomers)

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a woman in her 40s too young or too old? Men in their 30s and 50s may answer that differently, and both be right.

Instead of taking sides, maybe those discussions would be better on age-specific forums. Forum members born 1997-2012 would have access to the Zoomer forum, but not the others. Another Millineal-specific forum for birth years 1981-1997, and one for Gen X from 1965-1980. Anyone born 1964 or earlier meets their peers on a Boomer forum.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most girls above 23 are too old
Said by someone aged 36, which is my point. Two men in their 50s had other views, and maybe arguing who is right isn't the best approach.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a woman in her 40s too young or too old? Men in their 30s and 50s may answer that differently, and both be right.
Since the age is in the profile information, I'd be against segregation. Regardless of age we can learn from each other, if you segregate to age you will get a couple of echo chambers.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Since the age is in the profile information, I'd be against segregation. Regardless of age we can learn from each other, if you segregate to age you will get a couple of echo chambers.
Not everyone exposes their age in their profile. I’ve suggested posters asking questions should state up front:
Their age
Nationality/ethnicity
What country they are operating in

These factors would make it much easier on those willing to try to help out or discuss the issues at hand.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Culture matters. A Cypriot does not encounter the same challenges as a guy in LA, it can make all the difference in the world in the advice delivered.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, me. And it's the truth. You either are moving upward in your life or downward. Staying the same is a myth. If you think you are staying the same, you are moving downward in reality.
That's great, but it has nothing to do with me saying people of different ages bring different perspectives. My example was a woman aged 40, who is younger than some members and older than others. Since Dr Suave is younger than 40, he dislikes the woman aged 40. Those of us a decade past 40 have seen some 40 year olds who hit the gym and stay in shape, and have another view.

Which is actually a good example of the reason for my suggestion. Here, I have to debate men under 40, and things veer away from what I was trying to discuss. Fine, men don't peak. But men in their 20s and 30s still have differeent collective opinions about things than men who are older. And instead of discussing what I want, I'm debating this.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's great, but it has nothing to do with me saying people of different ages bring different perspectives. My example was a woman aged 40, who is younger than some members and older than others. Since Dr Suave is younger than 40, he dislikes the woman aged 40. Those of us a decade past 40 have seen some 40 year olds who hit the gym and stay in shape, and have another view.

Which is actually a good example of the reason for my suggestion. Here, I have to debate men under 40, and things veer away from what I was trying to discuss. Fine, men don't peak. But men in their 20s and 30s still have differeent collective opinions about things than men who are older. And instead of discussing what I want, I'm debating this.
Men in their 20s and 30s would die to have the wisdom men in their 50s and 60s have if they knew how valuable it is, but sadly they have no idea about the value of this until they reach this age and one day they sit back and say "Damn...I wish I knew all this stuff back in my 20s!".

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My thought is to add a forum area for each generation, not replace anything that exists already. Some discussions are better among the same generation, other discussions are more general. I wanted to add another area, not segregate all discussions by age.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Men in their 20s and 30s would die to have the wisdom men in their 50s and 60s have if they knew how valuable it is, but sadly they have no idea about the value of this until they reach this age and one day they sit back and say "Damn...I wish I knew all this stuff back in my 20s!".
My suggestion is for additional areas of the forum, not segregation of the entire forum by age.

Those new areas are segregated by age to allow some "Mature" discussions. In my view, every guy who just gained the right to rent a car (age 25) is not "Mature", which is why I'm suggesting adding more areas of the forum.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those new areas are segregated by age to allow some "Mature" discussions. In my view, every guy who just gained the right to rent a car (age 25) is not "Mature", which is why I'm suggesting adding more areas of the forum.
I don't see the point, as the forum is already divided in two age-related segments; one for beginners and men under 25, and one for the mature men. That there's a 25-year-old limit is actually not necessary if we divide between the Young Turks and the Mature Gangsters.

If anything, I would not divide the DJ discussions in two forums at all. You can see quite easily by their postings which members would be considered mature / experienced / mentor-material. If you cannot, you will not be one of them.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My suggestion is for additional areas of the forum, not segregation of the entire forum by age.

I have banged the drum for the Mature Man age to be upped to 35 or 40 but have been overruled in Moderation discussions.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have banged the drum for the Mature Man age to be upped to 35 or 40 but have been overruled in Moderation discussions.
if you're not mature at 25, it's not certain you will be at 35.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
if you're not mature at 25, it's not certain you will be at 35.
It's not certain you will be at any age, but at some point you have to just set a number.

If you asked 100 random people walking around "At what age would you consider a man mature", somewhere near 35 or 40 would be a lot higher response than near 25

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you asked 100 random people walking around "At what age would you consider a man mature", somewhere near 35 or 40 would be a lot higher response than near 25
OK, so let's up the age to 30.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Again. This has been discussed and I have been on the losing end of any changes. It's not happening unless you get major support from other members on this and I don't see that happening.

And honestly if the change is only 5 years, it's not even worth it.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again. This has been discussed and I have been on the losing end of any changes. It's not happening unless you get major support from other members on this and I don't see that happening.
So I guess the Zoomer Boomer division will also probably not be supported.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been discussed and I have been on the losing end of any changes. It's not happening unless you get major support from other members on this and I don't see that happening.

And honestly if the change is only 5 years, it's not even worth it.
I have supported raising the age in The Mature Man forum. It doesn't make any sense to have that forum start at 25, since it overlaps Don Juan Discussion. My initial thought was to raise it to 30, but even 35 would be good.