Foreign name

pg_lost

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wanted to know, when in everyday situations and for approaching girls, do you think its a good idea to keep my foreign name or my North American name? I ask this because some of my previous roommates know me by my family (Foreign) name, and I use to go by a North American name at school and normally everyday. But I recently decided against this and wanted to know what you guys think I should do? I mean is it a big deal when meeting new people and not just girls, but in sarging situations as well. The foreign name is Quang btw.

Lemme know what you folks think ;)

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It shouldn't bother you at all, have people refer you to the name that YOU want them to refer you to as. And no it doesn't matter at all; in fact, it might be a detriment to your game if anything. It shows you're insecure and afraid that something as small as your name would scare women off when it doesn't matter at all. Unless you get a crafty nickname that makes sense to you, stick with the name you were born with.

pg_lost

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man, I totally agree. I felt I should stick with it, cause like you said, its such a small thing, and to let that be an issue does seem pretty insecure. Even if the girls dont realize it, I deep down will and it will affect my game. But it is harder, not just with girls, but people in general. But I guess thats what makes us confident in the end.

pg_lost

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing I didn't mention:
Since I am trying to transition into using Quang, I still have friends from the past that still call me by my other name, which makes get togethers with new people I meet weird, cause I have to explain the whole thing, which is a pain. IE: one of my friends is gonna be in the class I am starting that knows me by my other name, ect. Geez, I should have thought of this so long ago, but was so much more insecure than.

tucking fypo

Don Juan
Reaction score
you should not be insecure and think about the negative of having 2 names. if someone figures out you have 2 names, it should not be pain for you to explain it to them. Be optimistic and think of having 2 names as an advantadge

girl : hey whats your name?
you : well i actually have 2 because im so cool like that (idk but you get the point)

pg_lost

Don Juan
Reaction score
good guess on what nationality the name came from crimson LOL

Black Minx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat and it used to bug me.

Now I've gotten to the stage where I give them my American name when asked, only people who know me well enough to know I have two names use my foreign name. Which is very few.

I wanted to go by my original name but since it's hard to remember and pronounce I thought, screw it, if they stick around long enough and mean something to me then they'll pick it up sometime.